Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Coheed and Cambria: Neverender

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Coheed and Cambria: Neverender

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-09, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Re: Coheed and Cambria: Neverender

Interesting... I don't have an answer to your question innocentfreak, but would love to hear some acoustic C&C. Hopefully someone can help out.
Old 03-20-09, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by innocentfreak
I am not a huge fan but I have always liked the few acoustic tracks I have heard such as Welcome Home. I was in Best Buy the other day and on Best Buy Radio, the in store music they play, there was a acoustic and possibly live song playing. I couldn't find an employee who could tell me what CD it was off of and I wonder if it is off this or their new album. It probably didn't help I blanked on the band name either.

The problem being I couldn't make out the lyrics. Do they have a live acoustic CD? Or does their new CD have any acoustic tracks?
I'm not sure if there's anything acoustic on Neverender, though that would make the most sense since it's nearing release. I'll let you know as soon as I receive mine and have a chance to give it a once-over.

I seem to remember seeing a couple live older acoustic tracks on a 4 song EP. I'm pretty sure one of them was an acoustic version of 'A Favor House Atlantic' and the other might've been 'Welcome Home'. I could've sworn I've seen it on iTunes, but I just looked and can't seem to find it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I thought maybe the songs were recorded for a radio broadcast, like KCRW.
Old 03-20-09, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tenacious D
I'm not sure if there's anything acoustic on Neverender, though that would make the most sense since it's nearing release. I'll let you know as soon as I receive mine and have a chance to give it a once-over.

I seem to remember seeing a couple live older acoustic tracks on a 4 song EP. I'm pretty sure one of them was an acoustic version of 'A Favor House Atlantic' and the other might've been 'Welcome Home'. I could've sworn I've seen it on iTunes, but I just looked and can't seem to find it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I thought maybe the songs were recorded for a radio broadcast, like KCRW.
I got mine off of Itunes I believe (it's been a while), but I have it listed as:

Kerrang!/XFM UK Acoustic Sessions
01. Welcome Home
02. A Favor House Atlantic
03. Wake Up
04. The Willing Well IV: The Final Cut

Here's the Wiki link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerrang...ustic_Sessions
Old 03-20-09, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thinking about it all day today I swear one song kept mentioning god. Almost like waiting for your god before I kill you or something to that effect. Maybe it wasn't live and the applause was something from the TV dept since the two sections overlap.

This was the first song I was introduced when I heard Coheed and Cambria . It happened to be on one of the 97x green room CDs.

EDIT: The four songs above me aren't it. The song was faster and more along the speed of Welcome Home.
Old 03-23-09, 10:31 AM

Got my boxset this morning... thankfully I am on vacation this whole week so I can sit and watch most of it. While my box itself is not signed, it does have a numbered (220/3000) COA signed by the band. Amazing. I'm so glad I pre-ordered this one!
Old 03-24-09, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)

Originally Posted by glasschicken
I got mine off of Itunes I believe (it's been a while), but I have it listed as:

Kerrang!/XFM UK Acoustic Sessions
01. Welcome Home
02. A Favor House Atlantic
03. Wake Up
04. The Willing Well IV: The Final Cut

Here's the Wiki link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerrang...ustic_Sessions
I got mine off itunes as well. I've picked up a couple other live albums as well - "Live at the Starland Ballroom" DVD/CD has an acoustic track at the very end for "The Light and the Glass" from Silent Earth 3.

edit - you're not thinking of the acoustic demo cut of "Junesong Provision" on the "Second Stage Turbine - bonus tracks edition" are you? That one's a lot faster.

Still waiting on my Neverender.
Old 03-24-09, 07:15 AM

My boxset was waiting for me when I got home from work last night. It's a very nice package and I'm very pleased with my purchase. I found my name in The Children of the Fence book and I got a signed/numbered certificate of authenticity from the band. The box and the book are very nicely made. I watched The Second Stage Turbine Blade concert last night and it was very good. I brought all four CDs to work with me today and I'm working through them now. If you're a fan, I think this set is well worth the price.
Old 03-24-09, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw the 2-disk DVD set at Best Buy just now for $13.99. Comes in a shitty cardboard sleeve package. Otherwise I may have bought it. I'm just starting to get into C&C and wasn't sure how much I'd really like it.
Old 03-24-09, 01:33 PM

Yeah, I saw that at Best Buy today too, but it's all 4 concerts on 2 DVDs. They had 2 of the 5 DVD/4 CD sets like the one I just got in the mail on sale this week for 79.99. I think the only difference between that and the one I just received for $110 plus tax and shipping is that I got my name in the book and I got the signed/numbered certificate of authenticity. So, $80 at BB this week isn't a bad deal at all. They had tons of the 2 DVD sets, but only 2 of the big box set.
Old 03-24-09, 03:13 PM

ended up going with the deluxe set...picked it up at best buy today. i'm really impressed with it so far, can't wait to get home and check out the dvd's
Old 03-24-09, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)

Beautiful package, I'll try getting some photos in a bit.

I actually used my dvdtalk handle (used elsewhere too) for my "name" in the book - unfortunately, it got split between lines so you can barely see it
Old 03-25-09, 08:59 AM

really wish i'd known about this earlier to maybe get in on a signed copy...i was clueless until a couple weeks prior to release
Old 03-25-09, 09:51 PM

i bought the two disk set at best buy today.. not to big on autographs or the booklet that comes with it.. the cd's, are they the same as the dvd's? you can't beat four concerts for 14 bucks! can't wait to watch the shows.
Old 03-25-09, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

They should have released a cd-only version. I'd like to listen to the shows, but have no interest in watching them.
Old 03-27-09, 02:28 PM

There was an E.P. of tracks released to Hot Topic (Neverender 12%) if you wanna check out a handful of songs without buying the box.
Old 03-27-09, 05:12 PM

Does anyone know what the aspect ratio is for the Neverender DVDs?