Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Katy Perry? Awesome? O Yeah

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-08, 11:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I the only one who absolutely loves the song I Kissed A Girl? It's the catchiest song I've heard in years. Honestly it's been ages since I enjoyed a song on the radio. There are 4 other very solid songs on her album. Did I mention she's also incredibly hot?

I WANT TO MARRY HER!

Old 06-19-08, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I like what I've heard so far.
Old 06-19-08, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I concur, on all counts.
Old 06-19-08, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I assumed that I Kissed A Girl was a remake of the Jill Sobule song, and was kinda dissapointed when I realized it wasn't. I like Sobule's song better. Perry is definitely cute though, and I'll give her CD a spin.
Old 06-19-08, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You're so gay!
Old 06-19-08, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

it's a nice sign that the neo-conservative Bush era is coming to a close when America is embracing a song about lesbians

This was one of the worst presidencies to be gay in, compared to the Clinton administration and where people like Melissa Etheridge were huge.
Old 06-22-08, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

She's from my hometown, I've actually known her since she was like 12...

A friend of mine used to go to school with her. He was really surprised when I showed him the Entertainment Weekly magazine a couple of weeks ago with a small article on her.

She's released bunches of songs before her full CD came out this last week.

I like "The Box" the best.

And if you knew her and her family, the lyrics are very personal.
Old 06-22-08, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by nothingfails
it's a nice sign that the neo-conservative Bush era is coming to a close when America is embracing a song about lesbians

This was one of the worst presidencies to be gay in, compared to the Clinton administration and where people like Melissa Etheridge were huge.
Actually, if you listen to the lyrics, it's not really a song about lesbians, so much as it is about a girl trying out kissing a girl to see what it's like. One of the follow up line's is..."I kissed a girl and I liked it, hope my boyfriend don't mind it". So it's more a song about bi-sexual experimentation.

Anyway, surprisingly good disc. There's plenty more decent tunes on this album, and it's well worth getting for the cheap price it's currently at, too.
Old 06-22-08, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Here's a link to the youtube video in question (Embedding disabled by request) in case anyone, like me, wasn't familiar with the song.

It's okay, but the video doesn't feature Fabio so it's not as full of win as Jill Sobule...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zpI7znS8Fuc&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zpI7znS8Fuc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 06-22-08, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
She released a Gospel album seven years ago, lol. I like her though, good album.