Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Song ID Help - Guitar Tab Attempt Included

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-08, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts

a = accent on the strum

I have heard this song a few times in the past couple of months but the lyrics are hard to discern -- other than a male's voice singing, "Yeah ah yeah ahhh..." The song has a mid '90s alt rock/grunge feel to it.
Thanks for your help!
Old 06-16-08, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wishbon3

a = accent on the strum

I have heard this song a few times in the past couple of months but the lyrics are hard to discern -- other than a male's voice singing, "Yeah ah yeah ahhh..." The song has a mid '90s alt rock/grunge feel to it.
Thanks for your help!
tried playing it and didn't sound familiar to me. Probably going to have to try and get more of the lyrics, where you heard it, etc. Normally I go hunting for the tab of a song I know not the other way around
Old 06-16-08, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
tried playing it and didn't sound familiar to me. Probably going to have to try and get more of the lyrics, where you heard it, etc. Normally I go hunting for the tab of a song I know not the other way around
I have heard it a couple of times at a restaurant/pub but I do not know if it is their satellite radio or on the jukebox. Lyrics would be helpful but I do not have much to go on -- I was hoping the tab would save me from trying to record the riffs and post them somewhere online.

Thanks for the attempt.
Old 06-16-08, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Well it's definitely not Iron Man!
Old 06-16-08, 05:28 PM
Premium Member

Received 699 Likes on 466 Posts
How did you grab the guitar tab without knowing the song?
Old 06-16-08, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was thinking it might be "All-Right (Oh, Yeah)" by Local H, from their Pack Up The Cats album, but when I played the tab, it didn't sound right. (It does fit the rest of your description, though - "mid '90s alt rock/grunge feel to it").

It also didn't sound like anything else I recognized, ether.

Still, I've got this nagging tickle in my the back of my head about the "Yeah ah yeah ahhh..." part that still sounds familiar, and I can't quite place. Where in the song does that fall? It's like I can hear it, put just can't quite put my finger on who it is.
Old 06-16-08, 11:09 PM

"Superman's Dead" by Our Lady Peace maybe ??
Old 06-17-08, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Cow
How did you grab the guitar tab without knowing the song?
It was my attempt to create a tab based upon what I played on my guitar -- it's not perfect but it should be close.
Originally Posted by gtr986
"Superman's Dead" by Our Lady Peace maybe ??
Not this song but thanks.
Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000
I was thinking it might be "All-Right (Oh, Yeah)" by Local H, from their Pack Up The Cats album, but when I played the tab, it didn't sound right. (It does fit the rest of your description, though - "mid '90s alt rock/grunge feel to it").

It also didn't sound like anything else I recognized, ether.

Still, I've got this nagging tickle in my the back of my head about the "Yeah ah yeah ahhh..." part that still sounds familiar, and I can't quite place. Where in the song does that fall? It's like I can hear it, put just can't quite put my finger on who it is.
It's not the Local H song either. If I recall correctly the first riff is the body of the song and is accompanied by the singing. The second riff follows with no singing and it is the last riff played in the song too. Argh! I wish I could get it out of my head.
Old 06-17-08, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

after playing it, I felt like it sounded like seether or puddle of mud.. no song titles though. good luck.
Old 06-17-08, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by db27
after playing it, I felt like it sounded like seether or puddle of mud.. no song titles though. good luck.

could it be She Hates Me by Puddle of Mudd??
Old 06-17-08, 09:26 PM

Nickelback's "How You Remind Me"?

Alice In Chains "Angry Chair"?

Splender's "Yeah, Whatever"?

Lyrics are all pretty easy to decipher on those though...
Old 06-17-08, 09:54 PM
Banned

Got Me Wrong by Alice in Chains?
Old 06-18-08, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"Litihium" by Nirvana?
Old 06-18-08, 03:07 AM
Needs to provide a working email

The tab looks like every "alternative" mid-90s song recorded to me.

(So my post's not a total waste...I played it, but nothing concrete came to mind. Good luck.)
Old 06-18-08, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Hank Ringworm
The tab looks like every "alternative" mid-90s song recorded to me.

(So my post's not a total waste...I played it, but nothing concrete came to mind. Good luck.)
that was my thought exactly. Change it around a bit and you have tons of other songs using similar chords (especially the power chords)
Old 06-18-08, 11:48 PM

I tried playing it too, and no ideas. I'm really curious now.

OP, looks like you came up with a new game. Guitar Tab Guessing Game.
Old 06-19-08, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah ah yeah ahhh

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="PlayerText" width="386" height="90" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" align="middle"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="false" /> <param name="movie" value="http://media.entertonement.com/embed/PlayerText.swf" /> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /> <param name="flashvars" value="domain=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.entertonement.com%2F&meta_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.entertonement.com%2Fclips%2Fshow%2F806.query" /> <embed src="http://media.entertonement.com/embed/PlayerText.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="386" height="90" name="PlayerText" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="domain=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.entertonement.com%2F&meta_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.entertonement.com%2Fclips%2Fshow%2F806.query" wmode="transparent" /> </object> <noscript>
Listen to sound clips like 9C1FF2F4 <q></q> at Entertonement.com </noscript>

Okay, I placed the only lyrics I can discern where it falls with the music. Also I have recorded a small audio clip and I found an online host that would successfully embed the clip in a forum post.

I thought the same thing about the chords and similar songs but what stands out for me, i.e. stuck in my head, is the second riff.

Thank you all for your help -- hopefully it has been fun at least!
Old 06-19-08, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could it be "I Am Anastasia" by Sponge (from their album Wax Estatic)? The music doesn't quite match up, but it's close. And on the vocals, there's a part where he does say "I am, I am" where it almost sounds like he's saying "Ah Yeah, Ah yeah" instead. Check it out.

Other than that, I just skimmed through about 50 some odd CDs from the time period, and this was the only one that came close, so I don't know what to tell you.