Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Modest Mouse live?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-08, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modest Mouse live?

Has anybody seen them live recently? They're coming to my city soon, and I'm debating whether to see them. I've never seen 'em live before, and I own exactly 3 cds from them: The Moon and Antarctica, Good News...,and We Were Dead. I assume most of the set list will come from these 3 albums?
Is Brock still erratic on stage? I heard he sometimes gets drunk before a gig, and one time didn't he cut himself or something?
One last(stupid)question, does Johnny Marr join them on tour?
Old 05-29-08, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw them not too long ago here in Fargo and they were fantastic. Brock was great onstage, but I guess things got out of hand the night before in Sioux Falls.
Old 05-29-08, 09:37 AM

I haven't seen them in years, but back in the day it was a good show. I think caught them last right after Good News... was released, so that was kinda of recent. I believe they played a good mix of stuff (including some early, early stuff) and I think he may have even played an Ugly Casanova song or two that time.

What kind of venue are they playing? If it's a tight packed little club it should be good times... if it's some cock rock arena... haha, maybe not?

Issac will undoubtedly be drunk. He's intense on stage and the band generally "rocks" a lot harder live.

No idea about Johnny Marr though, but I am pretty sure he was touring with them for a bit, at the very least.
Old 05-29-08, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I have the opportunity to see them tonight with REM and the National, but I can't drag myself to the Hollywood Bowl (my least favorite place in LA to see a concert) on a worknight. Plus it starts at 6:30. Yech.
Old 05-29-08, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by keith71
Has anybody seen them live recently? They're coming to my city soon, and I'm debating whether to see them. I've never seen 'em live before, and I own exactly 3 cds from them: The Moon and Antarctica, Good News...,and We Were Dead. I assume most of the set list will come from these 3 albums?
Is Brock still erratic on stage? I heard he sometimes gets drunk before a gig, and one time didn't he cut himself or something?
One last(stupid)question, does Johnny Marr join them on tour?
Saw them this past weekend, and it was an excellent show. Brock was sober enough to put on a great show. The last time I saw them I was underwhelmed (small club), but they kicked ass this weekend(outdoor).

Dualing drummers was killer.
Old 05-30-08, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw they last year in Everett,Washinton and they were bad-ass (Johnny Marr was the reason I wanted to see them).