Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

off-topic chat after thread crap

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

off-topic chat after thread crap

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-08, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Oh man!! Listen to those crickets go!!!

Last edited by benedict; 04-05-08 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Repeated Madonna-related threadcrapping
Old 04-03-08, 09:56 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveWadding
DaveWadding. I honestly don't care if I get banned for this, but would you appreciate it much if I hunted down any of your music threads and let loose threadfarts as much as you do?

It CLEARLY says 'Madonna' in the thread title, so its not as if you were duped into reading it. In the future, feel free to not bother clicking on any thread marked as such. Pretty please, with sugar on top.

(Oh, and a hearty congratulations to Madonna. Really like the single, and LOVE the video, which I didn't expect given the Timberlake factor.)

(Edit #2 - Problem solved. The Ignore list is my new friend.)

Last edited by John Wielgosz; 04-03-08 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-03-08, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DaveWadding
I don't care if I am banned for this, either, but, SHUT UP, and just stay out of threads marked with Madonna in it. Again, we ALL know you don't like Madonna. Fine. You don't need to go into EVERY thread marked with her name, and crap on it. No need to be an a-hole. I suggest you take this advice.
Old 04-04-08, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
I don't care if I am banned for this, either, but, SHUT UP, and just stay out of threads marked with Madonna in it. Again, we ALL know you don't like Madonna. Fine. You don't need to go into EVERY thread marked with her name, and crap on it. No need to be an a-hole. I suggest you take this advice.
exactly. I loved it when he, someone who wasn't even alive when Madonna burst on the scene and probably has no memories of Madonna before she had the faux British accent, tried to tell me that Madonna is not, in any way shape or form, an icon to people who grew up in the 80's (when I think most people would agree she was the most iconic entertainer of the decade besides Michael Jackson). Yea, and how the hell do you know when you were watching Barney during Madonna's biggest years?

Sorry if Madonna isn't cock rock enough to be worthy of your ears. I think a lot of your favorites are crap as well.

Last edited by nothingfails; 04-04-08 at 03:39 AM.
Old 04-04-08, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by nothingfails
exactly. I loved it when he, someone who wasn't even alive when Madonna burst on the scene and probably has no memories of Madonna before she had the faux British accent, tried to tell me that Madonna is not, in any way shape or form, an icon to people who grew up in the 80's (when I think most people would agree she was the most iconic entertainer of the decade besides Michael Jackson)
You've got the decade right.

I think the thing that's a bit irksome to some people here is that people take their love of Madonna at the expense of other artists. For example: "I don't think it would have sounded the same, nor better, had it been anyone else doing it."

Really? It would be impossible to improve her vocal performance on that song? No one else could do it better?

And this is continually parroted as if Madonna was the end all and be all of all musicians. And the type of vitriol that her attackers get in return rivals that of wrestling fans who are told that their "sport" is, in fact, not a sport.

And I say this as someone who likes Madonna, and who has liked her for twenty years. But it should be easy to admit that she's a shadow of her former self, both in terms of musical output / sales (compare Immaculate to GHV2) and pop-culture relevance. It doesn't mean that she's meaningless or a failure, it just means she's not the same artist she was a generation ago and it's offensive to music fans when you're told that Madonna is #1. She's not.
Old 04-04-08, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
You've got the decade right.

I think the thing that's a bit irksome to some people here is that people take their love of Madonna at the expense of other artists. For example: "I don't think it would have sounded the same, nor better, had it been anyone else doing it."

Really? It would be impossible to improve her vocal performance on that song? No one else could do it better?

And this is continually parroted as if Madonna was the end all and be all of all musicians. And the type of vitriol that her attackers get in return rivals that of wrestling fans who are told that their "sport" is, in fact, not a sport.

And I say this as someone who likes Madonna, and who has liked her for twenty years. But it should be easy to admit that she's a shadow of her former self, both in terms of musical output / sales (compare Immaculate to GHV2) and pop-culture relevance. It doesn't mean that she's meaningless or a failure, it just means she's not the same artist she was a generation ago and it's offensive to music fans when you're told that Madonna is #1. She's not.
no, Dave has constantly bashed Madonna in every single thread her name has been mentioned here, and her fans have gotten sick of it. Completely forgetting he may like acts some of us think of as garbage as well. Dave has never liked Madonna, he's not someone who is "Ray Of Light and Like A Prayer were great, but her new stuff leaves something to be desired", no... he completely bashes her (he even said that Paris Hilton is more talented and has had more of a mark.... that's total hate. That's like saying one of the Laguna Beach guys has made more impact than Elvis or something), and it turns out he doesn't even remember when she was her most relevant. Awhile back he tried to tell me I was wrong when I said that for those of us who grew up on the early days of MTV and remember the 1980's, Madonna is a huge icon for us.... he tried to tell me that's not true, and he wasn't even alive when "True Blue" was released, so how does he know?

Last edited by nothingfails; 04-04-08 at 01:47 PM.