Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Flobots

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-08, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Flobots

I just heard the flobots on democracy now. They played handlebars. How is the rest of the cd?
Old 03-11-08, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
I haven't heard their cd, but since they are from where I live, I stumble across their live shows every once in a while. It's a pretty good time, lots of energy, and having a whole band for the music helps the hip hop a lot.

Besides, the violinist is hot.
Old 04-18-08, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/afX6VYn48KE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/afX6VYn48KE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Just heard handlebars on the radio this week, so has anyone heard the cd and how is it?
Old 06-15-08, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just picked this up on sale for 7.99 and liking it so far. I haven't made it through the whole CD yet, but at 7.99 I am happy with it. I hated Handlebars the first time I heard it, but it really grew on me.

Their cover of Happy Together.

Last edited by innocentfreak; 06-15-08 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-15-08, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
I just heard the flobots on democracy now. They played handlebars. How is the rest of the cd?
I'm confused. Some punctuation/capitalization would be very helpful for us who like to seek out new bands.

Is the name of the band "Flobots On Democracy Now"? "Flobots"? "Flobots On Democracy"?

They played "handlebars". Is that the name of a song? Or the what instrument the band plays?

Thanks.
Old 06-15-08, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Flobots is the name of the group. I believe there was an event called Democracy Now where they performed. Handlebars is the name of their current single which is the first youtube video posted on here.
Old 06-15-08, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just picked this up and have made it through twice. I like it. Some of the lyrics are a bit "preachy" but I like their sound.
Old 06-15-08, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Democracy Now is a left leaning radio show and podcast Flobots happen to be on one day. Everything else Innocentfreak said is right on.