Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Donna Summer set to release first all new album in SEVENTEEN YEARS

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-08, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Donna's released a lot of one off songs and new tracks for Greatest Hits collections and the sort in the past 15 years, but come May 6th, the dance diva is finally back with "Crayons", her first album since 1991!!!!

http://donna-tribute.com/news.htm

In my email today, I got a message from someone with a friend in the music business who saw this interesting little press release: "The Queen is back! Legendary singer songwriter DONNA SUMMER is back with a NEW STUDIO ALBUM – CRAYONS AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE MAY 2008 on BURGUNDY/SONY

Donna shows her love for the club community as she gives an early taste of her new album before the official single “STAMP YOUR FEET” goes to radio next month.

Donna Summer - “I'm A Fire” round one mixes:

1. I'm A Fire (Solitaire Club Mix) 7:12
2. I'm A Fire (Craig C's Burnin' Master Mix) 11:02
3. I'm A Fire (Redtop's Extended Mix) 7:21
4. I'm A Fire (Sebastian Original Album Version) 7:23"

The only thing I'll add is that after I got the email, I did a little snooping on the net and found this little announcement from the company pressing copies of Stamp Your Feet. It's happening guys! :-) I will be back either tomorrow or Sunday with the regular update - which will probably be very boring compared to tonight's micro-update. LOL
Old 02-16-08, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"This Time I Know It's For Real" was one of her last hits and I thought it was pretty good. I'll give it a spin.
Old 02-16-08, 05:46 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
...on a related note:

"This pair of ears set to ignore latest Donna Sommers album for the next SEVENTEEN YEARS"
Old 02-16-08, 07:04 AM
Banned

No GIORGIO MORODER no sale.
Old 02-16-08, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

why do people look down on pop female type singers here? I remember all the Madonna-bashing a few mos ago, and Madonna and Donna Summer are usually two female pop exceptions that rock fans at least usually respect, even if it's not something they'd listen to. Gee, sorry it's not pretentious and indie enough.
Old 02-17-08, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nothingfails
why do people look down on pop female type singers here? I remember all the Madonna-bashing a few mos ago, and Madonna and Donna Summer are usually two female pop exceptions that rock fans at least usually respect, even if it's not something they'd listen to. Gee, sorry it's not pretentious and indie enough.
Donna Summer needs to do an album with the guy who produced "Confessions on a Dance Floor". That I'd buy.
Old 02-17-08, 09:09 AM

Very Disappointed UK Fan

Having just listened to 2 mixes of "I'm a Fire" I can safely say the song is utterly tuneless. Whether it's the actual mix that's causing this, I'm yet to find out, but after the sweet sound of "I got your Love" although unimaginative was tuneful, just lacked a good mix. One of the ongoing sounds in the UK currently is Electro. Her return could be so timely in the right hands - Stuart Price (jacque le cont) who produced Madonna's Confessions or Ladytron. Something like the sound of moroder/i feel love with a modern twist. If you look at her sales, her studio albums sell nothing compared to the 70's era. WAKE UP DONNA!
Old 02-19-08, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've always been a DS fan since "On the Radio" and the interest was reignited when she appeared on the concerts for VHI and the Divas show. I've followed that website and the talk of an album has been going on for years. I hope this time it finally gets released. She has put out some really good singles that get good airplay as far as the clubs. Sorry Madonna fans but unlike her, Donna can really sing. And as far as sales, radio has an unjust bias against older artists.