Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Backstreet Boys

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-07, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Backstreet Boys

Ok, this might not be the best place to discuss my interest in this band, but im hoping the opinions and comments of the truley open minded/broad interest people put thier 2 cents in.
It seems to me that boy bands come and go, but the Backstreet Boys have remained and mainly becuase they do work really well as a group. The latest album, Unbreakable is pretty darn good. All songs are listenable with your few ballads but most are nice uptempo pop/techo/night life/jazzy songs that are far from boy band saturated music.
And even tho i compare it to thier ealier stuff when they were at thier boy band peak, that stuff was pretty good too. Im pretty sure everyone liked "I Want it That Way" and if you say you didnt, you sang it secretly.
Anyway, i just wanted to bait you guys in this thread to say i like The Backstreet Boys, always did...whos with me???
Old 12-09-07, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I'll admit it... "I Want It That Way" is a catchy, catchy tune. But they've been sort of commercia non-starters since 2001, haven't they?

Overall, N*Sync was better, I think. And JT is more relevant now than BSB.
Old 12-12-07, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well, I preferred N'Sync, but I agree. People think they're too cool to like them but they know deep down that they turned up "I Want It That Way" when nobody else was in the car with them
Old 12-12-07, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I've always enjoyed their singles.
Old 12-12-07, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by The Bus
I'll admit it... "I Want It That Way" is a catchy, catchy tune.
I don't hate that song, but can't understand why any girl over 13 would give a shit.
Old 12-12-07, 11:37 AM

see my ownly problem with them is they are past their prime. not musically but at a boy band stage. sales havent declined because of talent, because there more recent stuff isnt bad, its just the fans all grew up.

nsync broke up at the perfect time, when they were just about finished. they couldnt sell millions like they did b4 now. thats why justin was pushed. and he really was the right choice for a push.

BSB should just do their own independent things like movies, or music (make new bands) and not focus so much on BSB because thats the past.
Old 12-12-07, 11:43 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
I'll admit it... "I Want It That Way" is a catchy, catchy tune. But they've been sort of commercia non-starters since 2001, haven't they?

Overall, N*Sync was better, I think. And JT is more relevant now than BSB.

yes it is, aint it?
Old 12-20-07, 06:22 AM
Banned

I like Backstreet Boys rather than N'sync because majority of the tunes of the BSB are catchy and inspiring. Ive always enjoyed BSB. and yes, theyre one of my favorite boy bands
Old 12-20-07, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yep, I liked "I Want it That Way" a lot. But I'm not into either of the bands. I honestly didn't know that Backstreet Boys were still together.

That Timberlake kid seems pretty talented, though.
Old 12-26-07, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BB were on TRL a month or so back and I swear it was like we were back in 1998. Thousands of screaming teens outside the building. I was 29 floors up and I couldn't even think straight the yelling outside was so loud. You'd think Carson Daly had returned. So yeah, I guess they're back.

What was kinda funny was that after the taping they came up to my floor to do radio and walked right past my desk and I had no clue who they were. Guess that's why I'm the movie guy.

Last edited by BJacks; 12-26-07 at 01:29 AM.