Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Matchbox 20: Exile on Mainstream - new CD on Oct 2nd

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-07, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woohooo.... Matchbox 20 announced their new CD. I can't wait for this. The single (How far we've come) is on their website now

http://www.matchboxtwenty.com/ I think it's pretty good. Anyone else exited about this?
Old 08-17-07, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I was under the impression their next release was going to be a Greatest Hits compilation with a bonus cd of 6 new songs. I wonder if this is it or if they've just decided to release an entirely brand new cd.
Old 08-17-07, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It will be a Greatest Hits cd and an ep cd together supposedly. They had announced 1 new song then fans complained about how long it has been since anything new so they went and recorded a few more that they are excited about. I love the new song....sad that Adam isn't with them anymore....but interested to see how things are now that Paul picked up a guitar. Rob said his next project is another solo cd...then maybe new matchbox in 09 from an article I saw.

Yay Oct 2nd!
Old 08-19-07, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That stinks, I didn't realize it wa s agreatest hits album
Old 08-20-07, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
One of their weaker songs, IMHO. Very simplistic and unoriginal.
Old 09-25-07, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You can hear the whole album on the 'leak' on VH1.com very different, but very enjoyable....little country-like and other styles Can't wait for Tues!
Old 09-30-07, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
There will be two versions : a regular one and an MVI one. I'm a little fuzzy about these MVI discs. It says it contains pre-ripped digital files. Are they MP3 files? Do they play in 5.1 on a normal DVD player? Given a choice, which version should I pick up?

----------------------

edit: I finally found some more info on the MVI version from their own website.

The Time is here! The new Exile in Mainstream DVD is ready for the taking; filled with more extras than you can count on the MVI DVD.

MVI is a standard DVD that contains the full album, video content, portable music files, and interactive computer features. PC/Mac compatible. The MVI package also includes a bonus cd containing all 17 album tracks.
The MB20 content includes 2 exclusive interviews discussing the creation of the new 6 songs, the idea behind the Greatest Hits package, as well as taking the fans through the memories surrounding each of their 11 Greatest Hits. It also includes a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the brand-new video for “How Far We’ve Come.”
The Digital extras include: Retrospective photo gallery, lyrics, exclusive screen savers, buddy icons, and wallpapers.
U-MYX- Create your own remix of one Greatest Hits track
UrTone- Create custom Matchbox Twenty ringtones.

Since it comes with all 17 tracks on a standard CD, I really don't think there's a downside in spending an extra $2 and getting that version, even though I can't really see myself creating my own matchbox twenty ringtones.

Last edited by Decker; 10-01-07 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-02-07, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've got to say, while I'm glad to have some new music from Matchbox Twenty (them and Rob Thomas are a big guilty pleasure of mine) it's a total scam to only make them available in this package... I just paid $14.99 for 6 songs and a disc of stuff I already had (says the guy who has multiple 'best of' cds with only 1 new track)... It would have been nice for them to put out an EP of just disc 1 for those who didn't need the greatest hits aspect.
Old 10-02-07, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

MDC3000, itunes. Just buy the 6 new songs for $6
Old 10-02-07, 08:07 PM

... or at very least buy it for $9.99 at Best Buy.
Old 10-02-07, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't like any of thier stuff since "Yourself" but I'll check out the new tunes
Old 10-03-07, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The short dvd features on the MVI are a nice look back.
I'm a sucker, I ended up buying the MVI Version, Best Buy 2 Bonus Track Version, and the Wal-mart pack of the normal edition bundled w/ a 'selections' from VH1 live dvd!
Old 10-05-07, 09:13 PM

Good lord that's a lot of Matchbox twenty! I ended up getting the MVI at Best Buy (pm'ed Fry's regular version price of $8.99 -- I know, a little shady but figured it was worth a shot). I think it's mean that the bonus tracks aren't on the BB MVI (so maybe we're even). I like the new stuff a lot. Haven't tackled the bonus stuff yet. I had thought the MVI disc might be 5.1, but it's just 2.0.

How were the bonus live tracks on the BB reg disc?
Old 10-10-07, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The only Matchbox 20 CD that I have is their first one (the one with 3 a.m. on it) - I really liked it but never got around to picking up anything else by them.

So I have bought this CD to get the greatest hits, as well as the new music. $9.99 through Best Buy with free shipping though it will probably be two weeks before I get it. Why did I do free shipping instead of in-store pickup? I drive right by a Best Buy twice a day. Oh well.
Old 10-11-07, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Bonus tracks on the BB were pretty good, not perfect quality, but good enough.
Old 10-12-07, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Got mine today from BB along with Kid Rock and Van Zant's new ones which also had BB exclusive tracks.
I ordered Saturday & Sunday. Not bad CDs for the price and took less than a week for them to get here.