Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

MUSE 2007 US Tour

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-07, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MUSE 2007 US Tour

Woot!

Last edited by Adrian; 01-09-08 at 05:54 AM.
Old 08-02-07, 08:12 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
going to the Fairfax VA show on the 9th - can't wait!!!!!

let's hope this Muse thread doesn't disappear like others in the past.
Old 08-02-07, 10:05 PM
Suspended

Red Rocks -- best outdoor venue in the country.

E
Old 08-03-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Psyched - just bought a pair of tickets to see them at Agganis in Boston next Saturday. Snagged a pair in the FIRST ROW of the floor on Ticketmaster just now!!!

I've only heard the 'Black Holes and Revelations' album, but I really like it, and look forward to seeing them live for the first time.

Great bonus - Cold War Kids as the opening act!!
Old 08-10-07, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Well this show was fucking ridiculous. One of the best shows I've seen in awhile. I kept looking for Giles but I didn't know what he looked like
Old 08-11-07, 05:53 PM

I went to the Philly show last night and it was amazing. It was my first time seeing them live and they are even better live if that's even possible.
Old 08-12-07, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 302 Likes on 220 Posts
Originally Posted by Sekots
I went to the Philly show last night and it was amazing. It was my first time seeing them live and they are even better live if that's even possible.
And how fucking cold was it there!? Damn. Near 100 degrees two days earlier. And felt like November last night. Didn't help that it was windy and next to the river. But back to the show. Spectacular doesn't even describe this band live. My second time seeing them and I'm just awe struck.
Old 08-15-07, 08:30 AM

damn you Muse - you didn't play Unintended at the Patriot Center concert -

other than that: "blistering" - amazing!

thanks for the set list Adrian.
Old 08-15-07, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 471 Likes on 326 Posts
Wow, no Muscle Museum in any of the set-lists. They must be getting sick of playing that song.
Old 08-15-07, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Giles
damn you Muse - you didn't play Unintended at the Patriot Center concert -

other than that: "blistering" - amazing!

thanks for the set list Adrian.
Giles, I actually yelled out Giles a few times on the floor to see if anyone turned around. Most people thought I was a weirdo.

Great show wasn't it? Getting Bliss? Amazing. They mix was near perfect, except for Matt, who's vocals could have been higher. They are one fucking loud band. I loved it.
Old 08-15-07, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Giles, I actually yelled out Giles a few times on the floor to see if anyone turned around. Most people thought I was a weirdo.

Great show wasn't it? Getting Bliss? Amazing. They mix was near perfect, except for Matt, who's vocals could have been higher. They are one fucking loud band. I loved it.
really, aw shucks I would have loved to have met you.... I was somewhat near the middle on the left hand side - I was wearing a V97 t-shirt. My friend cancelled at the last minute so I went to the show alone and getting home was annoying as all get out... had a map to the PC, been to other concerts before, but with other peeps driving me... getting home, though, I got completely lost... mind you it was raining and night time driving are not my forte, managed to find 66.
Old 08-15-07, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
I saw the Boston show, and it really was amazing. Best show of the year so far for me, and I got to a LOT of shows. Strong from start to finish, with great sound and production to match. First time seeing them, and I only knew the latest album, but I was very impressed!
Old 08-15-07, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

really, aw shucks I would have loved to have met you.... I was somewhat near the middle on the left hand side - I was wearing a V97 t-shirt. My friend cancelled at the last minute so I went to the show alone and getting home was annoying as all get out... had a map to the PC, been to other concerts before, but with other peeps driving me... getting home, though, I got completely lost... mind you it was raining and night time driving are not my forte, managed to find 66.
I was on the other side of the arena.

Re: getting lost. Don't feel bad. I live 5 miles from the Patriot Center and got totally lost. This is because there are only signs to the Patriot Center on one side of Lee Hwy, not the other. Getting home was another adventure. After 30 minutes of aimless driving, I finally just got on 495. Stupid GMU.
Old 08-16-07, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Adrian
Yeah, I heard about the mind-blowing show too at Boston.

The official premiere telecast in US of Sundance Channel's Live From Abbey Road with Muse is this Thursday 8/16/2007 at 10:00 PM ET.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HER0C...elated&search=

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uszyG_Mld0

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dngD...elated&search=

set my DV-R for tonights show! - can't wait!
Old 08-17-07, 08:54 AM

really enjoyed the three songs they performed on Live at Abbey Road. The mini interview with Matt was very interesting. The editing for 'Knights' was tight and perfect. The Kooks three song performance was great as well.

side comment: The Washington Post review of the Patriot Center show, noted that they thought 'Invincible' was the highlight of the evening.
Old 08-17-07, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

While I thought Muse's performance was great, the directing/editing of their performance was shit. And the Kooks sounded like crap - the guitarist was even out of tune on the last song. Wynton was classy, but ultimately boring.

I dug what Bellamy had to say about his unique guitars. I always wondered about his gear, and didn't know that his guitars were completely custom. It's totally true what he says about ghosts of old bands/guitarists living within classic guitars that they made famous.
Old 09-13-07, 02:31 AM
Suspended

Arcade Fire, the single greatest live band on the face of the earth.

E
Old 09-22-07, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So I saw 'em last night at Irvine Meadows - Juliet Lewis' band opened up for them and boy, did she suck. Her band was alright, but she was just all around awful. But thankfully, Muse was so shit-hot great, that they washed that bad taste right out of everyone's mouths. It was a massive sold-out show, and they really are great being a "big" band and playing to such crowds. Both their sound and performance were pretty much perfect - almost too good. In this day and age when shit like Brittany gets so much play, there's this amazing band (with an obvious big following - you don't sell out Irvine Meadows if you're not huge), and yet they get no mainstream attention. Whatever, I don't mean to rant - Muse was awesome, see them now before you have to put up with even bigger venues, because at this rate, their just gonna get bigger. It was just a couple years ago for their Absolution tour that I saw them in a relatively small theater, and now this, so big stadiums could very well be next...

Oh, a cool thing I wanted to add is that there was threat of rain the whole night (it's an outdoor arena), and the rain held off pretty much until we got into our cars to leave about 10 minutes after the show - perfect timing.

Last edited by slop101; 09-22-07 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-22-07, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4
Arcade Fire, the single greatest live band on the face of the earth.

E
I like TAF, a lot actually, but they are fucking boring as hell live.
Old 09-26-07, 01:34 PM

is there a setlist for the
Irvine's Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (September 21) show.

NME raved about the show
Old 09-26-07, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

is there a setlist for the
Irvine's Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (September 21) show.
From what I recall, it was almost identical to the Seattle set-list from the very first post in this thread, with maybe one song difference.
Old 10-02-07, 04:02 AM
Suspended

I've seen Arcade Fire live nearly a dozen times, and never been bored once.

Coincidentally, Muse was playing Red Rocks the day after Arcade Fire, so I stuck around for a Colorado Rockies day game and Muse. Their show was good, but it's hard to impress the day after Arcade Fire.

E