Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Springsteen (w/the Sessions Band) CD/DVD, 6-5-07

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Anyone pick this up?

I went to the concert about a year ago and it was darn good, so this set is a great addition. The 2-disc CD set has 23 songs total which is nice, but it's the DVD that's incredible: Filmed in HD + amazing 5.1 surround sound that makes it seem like you're at the concert. A little over two hours long with songs like Atlantic City, a superb version of Further On (up the Road), Highway Patrolman, If I Should Fall Behind, plus most songs from the Seeger Sessions CD.

Highly recommended...
Old 06-06-07, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
And it's only $7.22 at DDD after 20% discount!!
Old 06-06-07, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I thought 20% didn't apply to music...? It would be really nice if it did though.
Old 06-06-07, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by reverie
I thought 20% didn't apply to music...? It would be really nice if it did though.
There's both a 2-disc audio version and a 1-disc DVD version. The $7.22 is what the DVD cost me.
Old 06-06-07, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The DVD is 16x9, right? I ask only because the packaging says nothing about aspect ratio.
Old 06-06-07, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laserken
The DVD is 16x9, right? I ask only because the packaging says nothing about aspect ratio.
It is 16x9, yes.
Old 06-07-07, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts
Just FYI : The combo set is on sale for Circuit City for $17.99 this week. I picked it up at Best Buy where it was marked with a $16.99 price tag just like the CD version (which it looks almost exactly like); of course that's a YMMV thing and it rung up $27.99 and required a price adjustment.

I'll listen to it tomorrow, but I love Bruce's reworking of Atlantic City and Growing Up as viewable on Amazon.com now.
Old 06-07-07, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
Can somebody confirm that the CD/DVD set out there is the same as the single release DVD? I am looking on Amazon.ca and it says there is a CD/DVD release all in one...looks like two discs, one for the CD and one for the DVD in a regular CD case. However, the price for both is about $4 less then just getting the DVD which leads me to believe the DVD is NOT the full show but only clips and maybe a short doc or promo material. Anybody have this and can confirm it is the full show on the DVD?
Old 06-07-07, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts
Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian
Can somebody confirm that the CD/DVD set out there is the same as the single release DVD? I am looking on Amazon.ca and it says there is a CD/DVD release all in one...looks like two discs, one for the CD and one for the DVD in a regular CD case. However, the price for both is about $4 less then just getting the DVD which leads me to believe the DVD is NOT the full show but only clips and maybe a short doc or promo material. Anybody have this and can confirm it is the full show on the DVD?
Yeah, it's a 3-disc set : 2CDs and 1 DVD. It's the full 23-song DVD, just included in a triple gait folding cardboard sleeve (good for taking up less space, but super-cheap packaging.
It looks identical to the CD set, except that there's a red sticker on it that says "New 2 CD & DVD set" and on the back it says "THIS PACKAGE INCLUDES 2 CD'S & 1 DVD". I really hate when people use that inappropriate apostrophe when describing CDs or DVDs, but when a record label does it on their packaging, it's pretty inexcusable.
Old 06-07-07, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
Originally Posted by Decker
Yeah, it's a 3-disc set : 2CDs and 1 DVD. It's the full 23-song DVD, just included in a triple gait folding cardboard sleeve (good for taking up less space, but super-cheap packaging.
It looks identical to the CD set, except that there's a red sticker on it that says "New 2 CD & DVD set" and on the back it says "THIS PACKAGE INCLUDES 2 CD'S & 1 DVD". I really hate when people use that inappropriate apostrophe when describing CDs or DVDs, but when a record label does it on their packaging, it's pretty inexcusable.
Thanks man. Do you know if this is limited? Either way, ordering! I am sorry to have missed this tour after seeing Bruce on the past 2. I would have loved a solo DVD or live CD of the Devil's and Dust show but this one is excellent from the few live tracks I have heard. Atlantic City is amazing!
Old 06-07-07, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by [email protected]
There's both a 2-disc audio version and a 1-disc DVD version. The $7.22 is what the DVD cost me.
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood! That's a really good price for a music DVD!

I'll have to check out CC later today. Not a big fan, but my wife is.