Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

TWISTED SISTER - The Video Years DVD!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-07, 10:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm definitely picking this up:

TWISTED SISTER To Release 'The Video Years' DVD In June - May 5, 2007
Big hair, big hits and even bigger riffs — the era of big metal returns as Rhino presents the DVD debut of hard-to-find and out-of-print video collections from one of the biggest-selling bands of the '80s: TWISTED SISTER. The DVD offers a clear digital picture along with Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound mixes that capture the band at the height of their popularity. TWISTED SISTER's "The Video Years" will be available from Rhino on June 26 at all retail outlets and at www.rhino.com.

"2006 marked the 30th anniversary and 9000th live performance of TWISTED SISTER," says TWISTED SISTER guitarist Jay Jay French. "In reaching this historic milestone, it is only fitting that this DVD, encompassing some of the most legendary videos ever made, finally will be commercially available. This intense renewed interest in TWISTED SISTER comes at a time when the band is performing to its greatest audiences around the world, proving once and for all that not only did the band help create the MTV era, its shows have become the stuff of legend."

TWISTED SISTER — singer Dee Snider, guitarists Jay Jay French and Eddie "Fingers" Ojeda, bassist Mark Mendoza and drummer A.J. Pero — took the country by storm in 1984 thanks to the band's breakthrough album, "Stay Hungry" and its follow-up "Come Out And Play". The band's music videos including the hit "We're Not Gonna Take It", their first television performance and a legendary 1984 concert performance "Stay Hungry" have been combined into a single DVD entitled "The Video Years". The DVD also includes new interviews with the band, actor Mark Metcalf who played the father and teacher in "We're Not Gonna Take It" and "I Wanna Rock" respectively, Lemmy Kilminster and much more.

DVD track listings:

"The Video Years":

01. It's Only Rock 'N' Roll (But I Like It)*
02. You Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll
03. We're Not Gonna Take It
04. I Wanna Rock
05. The Price
06. Leader Of The Pack
07. Be Chrool To Your Scuel
08. Hot Love

"Stay Hungry":

01. The Kids Are Back
02. We're Not Gonna Take It
03. I Wanna Rock
04. Under The Blade
05. The Beast
06. You Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll
07. The Price
08. Stay Hungry
09. Burn In Hell
10. S. M. F

DVD Extras include video commentaries for each of their videos with all five band members and Mark Metcalf, star of "We're Not Gonna Take It" and "I Wanna Rock".

*TWISTED SISTER's first-ever television performance in 1982.
Old 05-12-07, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw this on Blabbermouth, I'm planning on getting it. I am concerned about the "Stay Hungry" concert. when it aired on TV they showed the videos for "were Not Gonna Take It" and "I Wanna Rock" in place of the live footage for those songs, I hope the original concert footage is edited back in.
Old 05-13-07, 08:53 PM

No completed "Burn In Hell" video from Pee Wee's Big Adventure, No sale!

jk...I'm all over this. I do wish they had a bit more live stuff. I'm not sure what else is out there (UK shows, MTV..anything), but surely there's a few tidbits. I'm a big fan of their first two albums and would like to see a bit more from that era...or even from the Club Daze period.

I am concerned about the "Stay Hungry" concert. when it aired on TV they showed the videos for "were Not Gonna Take It" and "I Wanna Rock" in place of the live footage for those songs, I hope the original concert footage is edited back in.
I hope so too. This was how it was on the VHS release as well.

EDIT: Actually, if I remember correctly, they did this for "You Can't Stop Rock N Roll" and "We're Not Gonna Take It".
Old 05-14-07, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Definataly picking this up, wondering tho if there were any more videos from the album "love is for suckers" made, i noticed "hot love" is on the dvd, love that album, also pretty excited about the new interviews especially with mark metcalf, every time i see him on seinfeld i always think about those videos..the maestro...
Old 06-28-07, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got it today, great but You Cant Stop Rock N Roll and Were not Gonna Take It ARE just the videos incorporated in the concert like originally aired on MTV
Old 06-28-07, 07:55 PM

Oh well. I guess they're giving us the original, how-it-aired version. Guess Dee Snider won't be raping anyone's childhood this go round.

Mine shipped from DD a few days ago - Can't wait to begin indoctrinating my 3-year-old.
Old 06-28-07, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 310 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by cactusoly
You Cant Stop Rock N Roll and Were not Gonna Take It ARE just the videos incorporated in the concert
If that's their best, their best won't do