Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Linkin Park Minutes to Midnight leaked...

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Linkin Park Minutes to Midnight leaked...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-07, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 411 Likes on 309 Posts
Originally Posted by nathanbrzl
Did anyone get a copy of the album where the track data is messed up? I tried mine on 2 different PCs.

My version is showing this in Media Player:
1. Stand
2. Bleed It Out
3. Get Through
4. What I've done
5. In this world
6. The Little Things Give You Away
7. Hold Nothing Back
8. Over the Top
9. Promisse
10. Real Life
11. Afraid This Time
12. 2. Worlds

Is this just my CD or is this a widespread problem? This is just weird. The songs as they play match the order on the CD but the track info just doesn't jive.

You might have the wrong CD. I heard the so called leaked version and it's a band called Tribal Ink. Those tracks aren't the tracks on Minutes to Midnight, these are:

1. Wake
2. Given Up
3. Leave Out All The Rest
4. Bleed It Out
5. Shadow Of The Day
6. What I've Done
7. Hands Held High
8. No More Sorrow
9. Valentine's Day
10. In Between
11. In Pieces
12. The Little Things Give You Away
Old 05-22-07, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 411 Likes on 309 Posts
Oh and I take back what I said. I had heard the Tribal Ink version ( ) of the album and it sucks. I do like the actual album, though and I will be buying it.
Old 05-23-07, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, i'll wait to find it with the others in the 1.25 bin at the used store.
Old 06-01-07, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like the album alot, while i dont think it flows as easily as their last albums, its cool and i think LP has talent. What they do, they do it nicely, good stuff.
Old 07-09-07, 09:04 PM

LP rocks

Yuo r one crazy bitch. That cd is awesome. But some songs are not that good.
Old 07-09-07, 09:05 PM

to the guy on the top of the page. Bored
Old 07-11-07, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by matt5000100
Yuo r one crazy bitch. That cd is awesome. But some songs are not that good.
good point
Old 07-11-07, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 920 Likes on 653 Posts
I just got this recently and I love it. There are probably 1-2 too many slow songs, but I like the progression the band has made. Meteora was simply Hybrid Theory 1.5 and completely forgettable. This is a step up from the grade school angst of the first two albums.
Old 07-12-07, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by matt5000100
That cd is awesome. But some songs are not that good.
Seems contradictory.
Old 02-18-08, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Nothing like reviving an old thread...

I'm going to the band tonight in Manchester, NH. I'm not a huge fan, I really only know one song by them ("In The End") which I really like a lot. I've probably heard a couple others, not really sure. Anyone seen their tour this year, give me an idea what to expect? Good show? Opening up are Cohee and Cambria, and also Chiodos.

I'm listening to 'Minute to Midnight' this afternoon so I'll have heard some of the songs at least once. Sounds pretty good to my ears, but then again I'm not comparing to their older stuff like some of you are. Although 'Shadow of the Day' really is a complete rip-off of U2's "With or Without You".
Old 02-18-08, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ooh, the album gets a lot weaker in the second half. 'No More Sorrow' was really good, but 'Valentine's Day' sucked, and the rest is pretty mediocre. Then again, in this day and age, it seems like having 4-6 good songs on an album is actually above average, so it's still worth the money to me.
Old 02-18-08, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Nothing like reviving an old thread...

I'm going to the band tonight in Manchester, NH. I'm not a huge fan, I really only know one song by them ("In The End") which I really like a lot. I've probably heard a couple others, not really sure. Anyone seen their tour this year, give me an idea what to expect? Good show? Opening up are Cohee and Cambria, and also Chiodos.

I'm listening to 'Minute to Midnight' this afternoon so I'll have heard some of the songs at least once. Sounds pretty good to my ears, but then again I'm not comparing to their older stuff like some of you are. Although 'Shadow of the Day' really is a complete rip-off of U2's "With or Without You".
You are in for a treat my friend! I saw them this past Saturday (2/16/08) in Detroit and they put on a great show as always. They are very interactive, the lead singer sounds the same as the CD, and the crowds are full of energy. This may be biased as I am a huge fan but I know of bands I like that dont put on as great a show as they do. Chiodos was very good as well and Coheed was solid. Tell us how it went. I might post pics later of my show.
Old 02-18-08, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
As a side note on the album, while I didn't really like it when I first heard it, a lot more songs are growing on me then they were initially. Enough that the CD has pretty much stayed in my car to get occasional play on a regular basis. For me, the previous albums I could listen to every song and they were all enjoyable. This one, at first listen there were only 2 or 3 songs I could pick out that i like. That's been upped to about 5 or 6. Still not as good as their previous efforts, but still better then most everything else out there.
Old 02-19-08, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

going to MSG on thursday. can't wait.
Old 02-20-08, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have to say, I was very impressed with the show the other night. The show rocked! The band was very tight, and even though most of the songs are in a very similar vein, they actually still have enough individuality so that you don't feel you're hearing the same song all night long.

The band members all looked like they were having a lot of fun and were very energetic and seemed genuinely humbled by the crowd response and size (even behind the stage was pretty full).

It really helped that the sound was spectacular! If the mix was muddy in any way, a band like this could sound like mush all night, and it would be a mess. Instead, they did a great job both with coverage (lots of line array speakers) and quality. On top of that, the Verizon tends to be a horrible-sounding arena (very echo-y), so that makes it even more impressive. (And I know of which I speak, because I do live sound full-time for a living, which means I'm pretty damn picky.)

I went mostly for convenience and the fact that I got good seats just a couple days before the show, but I wouldn't hesitate to see them again, or recommend them to anyone!

BTW, the funniest part of the night is when they went into an impromptu version of "Umbrella"...
Old 02-22-08, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

jay-z came out for the second encore at MSG last night. they did the 'encore' part of numb/encore (lp already played numb earlier in the night), and then faint/jigga what. WOW. i was going nuts when i saw jay-z come out. totally caught me off guard.

took a very good show and put it over the top. awesome.