Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

FAMILY VALUES 2007: Korn and Evanescence

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-07, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Korn, Evanescence Team For Family Values Tour

Korn and Evanescence will co-headline this year's Family Values tour, which will visit 31 North American cities starting July 16 in St. Louis.

Sharing the main stage on this year's Live Nation-produced festival are Atreyu, Flyleaf, Hellyeah and Trivium. Additional bands, venues and dates will be announced shortly.

Last year, after a five-year hiatus, Korn revived the Family Values tour for a summer run that featured Deftones, Stone Stour, Flyleaf and Japanese upstarts Dir en gray. The trek grossed $6.2 million and drew more than 347,000 fans in attendance for 26 shows, according to Billboard Boxscore.

Through Korn's partnership with Live Nation, the 2006 tour offered concertgoers lawn tickets priced at $9.99 for all amphitheater dates. This year's edition of Family Values will offer similar pricing.

Here are the cities for the Family Values tour:

St. Louis
Minneapolis
Chicago
Columbus, Ohio
Camden, N.J.
Boston
Washington, D.C.
Hartford, Conn.
Buffalo, N.Y.
Detroit
Toronto
Pittsburgh
Scranton, Pa.
East Rutherford, N.J.
Indianapolis
Atlanta
Orlando, Fla.
Miami
Tampa, Fla.
Dallas
Houston
San Antonio, Texas
Oklahoma City
Kansas City, Mo.
Denver
Albuquerque, N.M.
Phoenix
Bakersfield, Calif.
Sacramento, Calif.
San Francisco
Irvine, Calif.

BILLBOARD.com
Old 03-27-07, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Yum, Amy Lee.

but boo to having to sit through that shitty acoustic version of Freak on a Leash as an encore (you know it'll happen).
Old 03-28-07, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
I would like to see Hellyeah, but not enough to put up with Family Values again. Last year was one of the worst concerts I've ever seen.
Old 03-29-07, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rumor has it that Lamb of God was supposed to play this tour but Randy (i think) mouthed off that the tour sucks and word got to Korn and they kicked them off (i think LOG is doing ozzfest.
Old 03-29-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
Rumor has it that Lamb of God was supposed to play this tour but Randy (i think) mouthed off that the tour sucks and word got to Korn and they kicked them off (i think LOG is doing ozzfest.
FUCK! I'm planning on going to this [my first one].
Old 03-30-07, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Might go this year.
I was wondering though, apparently Flyleaf is doing a small club tour in may (15th here in baltimore). how indeed can they headline a show if their entire album is barely over 31 minutes? Not sure if i want to spurge 17 bucks for the show (a band called Kill Hannah is opening).
Wonder what bands are going to appear on the second stage? Burried Your Dead and Walls of Jericho were on there last year.
Old 04-01-07, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Excellent! I missed last year's and I'm also a big fan of Evanescence. With cheap tickets, I'll definitely be there! Thanks for the info OP!
Old 07-16-07, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, me and my brother will be going on the 2nd of September. He got tickets on Friday.
Old 07-16-07, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got my tix in mail today
Old 07-17-07, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Lamb of God rules all and that's why they choose to do Ozzfest and Sounds of the Underground, far better tours.

But I do like Atreyu....but they aren't coming to Omaha.
Old 07-18-07, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

[david cross] Evanesence? Cool, I've been into them since like, October [/david cross]
Old 07-19-07, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

... The group is busy preparing for the release of the new album as well as tomorrow's launch of the Family Values Tour -- which also features Evanescence, Atreyu, Hellyeah and Trivium -- in Maryland Heights, Mo.

Munky said Korn's set will be "high energy" and that the group is "doing a lot of songs we haven't played in eight or nine years. We're kinda going deep into the album tracks. We're not just doing all the singles."

Davis told Billboard.com that Korn's stage set is "f*ckin' ridiculous...the hugest thing we've ever done -- lights, everything. The show gradually goes and at the end it totally peaks. It's definitely different for us. The fans are gonna be very pleased."

One thing Korn won't be doing, however, is recreating its acoustic "Freak on a Leash" duet with Evanescence's Amy Lee from "MTV Unplugged." "We feel like we did that. It was a special thing -- one time only," Davis said. "This time we're more into just rockin' like crazy."

BILLBOARD.com