Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Australian Pink Floyd

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Australian Pink Floyd

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-06, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Australian Pink Floyd

Went to the show last night and it was mind blowing. For those who don't know,(as I didn't) this band is from Australia and does a perfect imitation of Pink Floyd. David Gilmour even asked them to play at his 50th birthday party.
The light show was amazing and the sound was perfect. I would highly suggest checking these guys out if they are coming to a town near you.
Here is the website:
Aussie Floyd
Old 11-17-06, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Saw them last year and I totally agree - great show! The night I saw them, the did the entire 'Wish You Were Here' for the first set, and then 1.5 hours of hits and non-hits for the second set.

They have some of the original Pink Floyd set pieces (ie. the pig), and Floyd's live sound guy is their engineer.

Given today's prices, this was some of the best $35 I spent last year!
Old 11-17-06, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Saw a Floyd cover band here in LA called Which One's Pink. They sounded note for note perfect. Damn good show. They even played Dogs.
Old 11-19-06, 02:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw them in San Jose a few weeks back and have to agree; the sound was spot-on. It's likely the closest we'll get to seeing a Pink Floyd concert nowadays.
Old 11-24-06, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah...I saw them too...they suck.

NOT! Was a very good time...TAPF also did Dogs....and they did Pigs (3 different ones I think). They played the expected hits and then snuck in some more obscure ones for those who were unaware that Floyd released more than The Wall and DSOTM.

They do have a double album (live) for sale on their website too. One disc is Wish You Were Here in it's entirety and the other is Animals in it's entirety. I'll pick that up in the near future....and I picked up their DVD at the show (very well done DVD...DSOTM in it's entirety). I should also mention quite a few extras and a few easter eggs in it too!
Old 11-24-06, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think they should release an album titled "Wish you were here, mate".
Old 11-26-06, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Watching them on Detroit Public TV now. I didn't know what it was at first. It sounded like Pink Floyd, but it didn't look like them. Then I remembered seeing this thread.

They have a DVD out too.
Old 11-26-06, 10:05 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I caught these guys a few weeks back and was quite impressed. I'd definitely go a second time...