Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

KISSology Vol. 2 - What will be on it?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

KISSology Vol. 2 - What will be on it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
looks like the Dynasty era bonus disc for me.
Old 06-30-07, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts
I've seen footage from the Japan '88 show - GREAT stuff! That was when they balanced out their set between old and new stuff.

I never knew they filmed the Ritz show! I've heard an audio tape from a live radio broadcast, but that should be really cool on DVD!
Old 06-30-07, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in for ALL 3 just like last time
Old 07-15-07, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by B5Erik
And, Giantrobo - if memory serves the Solid Gold '81 was just the video for "A World Without Heroes," which would become expendable if they include the actual live performance from Fridays (which I really hope they do - it was as good as the Midnight Special performance).
They also "performed" I on SG (it was lip synched and Ace is playing a different kind of guitar and he moonwalks at one point!). I have an Elder bootleg I got years ago and it features the following:

1. Friday's performance
2. Solid Gold (along with A World w/o Heroes video)
3. KISS performing (lip synching) I as a 3 piece (w/o Ace for Italian TV) along with pre show and interview footage. Unedited.
4. Flo and Eddie interview w/a clip of World video.
5. KISS doing a charity event for kids with MS, with an interview.
6. Video for I (may be a fan made video).

I think that's it. It's been a while since I've watched it. There's also footage out there of KISS performing I Was Made For Lovin' You and Charisma in Mexico in their Elder costumes. It's not on my Elder bootleg, but I've seen it. The footage is grainy and it's weird to see them playing Dynasty tunes in Elder era costumes.
Old 07-15-07, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Capital Centre – Largo, MD – 7/7/79 (Dynasty Tour) [track listing forthcoming, though ALL 4 solo albums songs will be included]
Did they play two nights at Largo in '79? The footage I have of Largo in '79 is dated 7/8/79.
Old 07-15-07, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Did they play two nights at Largo in '79? The footage I have of Largo in '79 is dated 7/8/79.

according to this very helpful website on KISS Online, they played two shows: 7/6/79 & 7/7/79 in Largo.

and just for the record:

Old 07-15-07, 10:22 PM
Banned

I'm definitely in for the Largo Bonus DVD, but what about the other 2? I'm not terribly fond of the non-make-up stuff, but these shows have a good rep (in bootleg circles). I've not seen them; which is better, and why? I'd appreciate any comments/advice/YouTube clips about/of the other shows.
Old 07-15-07, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've seen clips from the Tokyo gig, and the band was tight and the set list was well balanced between old and new stuff.

I've never seen the Ritz show - I have audio of it, though, and the band is just smokin!

I definitely want all 3 Bonus discs this time (last time I passed on the extra Cobo Hall show).
Old 07-15-07, 11:53 PM

I figured this would be a good place to post this: for those who were curious/frustrated/pissed off about why Detroit Rock City & Beth from Paul Lynde werent included on KISSology Vol. 1, apparently they are putting the whole Paul Lynde Halloween Special on DVD, including the entire KISS performance.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7667
Old 07-16-07, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveWadding
I figured this would be a good place to post this: for those who were curious/frustrated/pissed off about why Detroit Rock City & Beth from Paul Lynde werent included on KISSology Vol. 1, apparently they are putting the whole Paul Lynde Halloween Special on DVD, including the entire KISS performance.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7667
From the clips on Kissology Vol. 1, this looks to be pretty much unwatchable.
Old 08-04-07, 10:00 AM

Has it come out which stores will have which bonus discs yet?
Old 08-04-07, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by duse
Has it come out which stores will have which bonus discs yet?

Best Buy gets the NY Ritz show. That's the only one I've heard about so far.
Old 08-04-07, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm surprised they haven't announced which stores will have the other bonus discs (it comes out in a week and a half).
Old 08-04-07, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I know Wal-Mart has the Largo disk.
Old 08-04-07, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,510 Posts
Originally Posted by foxtailmusic
6. Video for I (may be a fan made video).

There's also footage out there of KISS performing I Was Made For Lovin' You and Charisma in Mexico in their Elder costumes. It's not on my Elder bootleg, but I've seen it. The footage is grainy and it's weird to see them playing Dynasty tunes in Elder era costumes.
There was an official promo video done for "I", but it was just made up of concert footage, perhaps that's the one you have?

Wow, I just found that Mexican footage on Youtube. I was aware of most of KISS' TV appearances, but I didn't even know that one existed! Looks like it was done for a Mexican TV show (lip-synced) around '81 (one comment says that at the time, both of those songs were big hits in Mexico, so the producers wanted those songs done, as opposed to anything from "The Elder"). Very bad quality, tons of drop outs, etc. but considering that this was only aired in Mexico, probably once, back in 1981, we're lucky that a video of it exists at all. Very cool to see, thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-04-07, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

so is there any word is Kiss Meets The Phantom will be on disc 1 or not? A documentary and the Tom Snyder (such timing considering he just passed) interview seems like there's a lot of space left on said disc. Considering vol. 2 will be in stores in a matter of days, surely this is known
Old 08-04-07, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Surely it is, and was announced about a month ago - the European Theatrical version of KISS Meets the Phantom, known at KISS in Attack of the Phantoms, WILL be on Disc 1 (along with The Land of Hype and Glory and the Tom Snyder appearance).
Old 08-04-07, 11:08 PM

Ugh, you mean I have to buy it from fucking Wal-Mart again?? This sucks!
Old 08-04-07, 11:25 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts
Originally Posted by nothingfails
so is there any word is Kiss Meets The Phantom will be on disc 1 or not? A documentary and the Tom Snyder (such timing considering he just passed) interview seems like there's a lot of space left on said disc. Considering vol. 2 will be in stores in a matter of days, surely this is known
FWIW, the commercial airing on VH1 Classic claims:

Monster 3 disc set
Includes 5 concerts
5 television appearances
KISS in "Attack of the Phantom" (which they claim is the first time on DVD, which I guess with that title is pseudo correct - and somewhat of a stretch)
Old 08-05-07, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am definately getting the Wal-Mart version, it'll be joining the original on my shelf. I personally have no desire to get Vol. 3 though. While it was commercially smart to reunite, I feel like they've been so stagnant for the past 10 years since, they've become an oldies act and I thought that Revenge and Carnival Of Souls showed they had enough left in them that they didn't need to rely on 30 year old glories.
Old 08-05-07, 11:31 PM

Spectrum show is misssing some cool stuff drum solo guitar solo Genes Bass solos are stupid and funny
Old 08-05-07, 11:39 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts
Originally Posted by nothingfails
I am definately getting the Wal-Mart version, it'll be joining the original on my shelf. I personally have no desire to get Vol. 3 though. While it was commercially smart to reunite, I feel like they've been so stagnant for the past 10 years since, they've become an oldies act and I thought that Revenge and Carnival Of Souls showed they had enough left in them that they didn't need to rely on 30 year old glories.
The current set covers a lot of the 80s as far as I can tell. I would think (hope) vol 3 would cover Revenge and Carnival of Souls and before the reunion (I also liked Psycho Circus, and agree they could/should have put out more new stuff in the last 10+ years.)

Time will tell, I guess.

Last edited by The Cow; 08-05-07 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-05-07, 11:48 PM

The Tom Snyder (TOMMORROW SHOW) must be complete .If any parts are missing it will be a tragedy... The general public may have not seen it Ace is too damn funny , Peter is being Peter, Gene sounds like a Professor, When Tom asks who the audience for KISS is, Paul starts to speak and Ace jumps in and replies and I quote

" If we did a concert in Bombay (INDIA),there would even be Cows!"

Tom laughs hystericaly, falling out of his chair and the interview pretty much ends right there
Old 08-05-07, 11:50 PM

Dont throw away thoes bootlegs!!!
Old 08-05-07, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here is what will be on the bonus discs-for of KISSology 2

Bonus Disc 1
Nippon Budokan- Tokyo, Japan April 21 1988

Love Gun
Cold Gin
Crazy Crazy Nights
Heaven's On Fire
War Machine
I Love It Loud
Lick It Up
I Was Made For Lovin' You
Detroit Rock City

Bonus Disc 2
Capital Center Largo, MD- July 8 1979

Radioactive
Move On
Calling Dr. Love
Firehouse
New York Groove
I Was Made For Lovin' You
Love Gun
Tossin' And Turnin'
God Of Thunder
Shout It Out Loud
Black Diamond
Detroit Rock City
Rock And Roll All Nite

The Best Buy one will be this:
===Bonus Disc 3=== (BEST BUY RELEASE) The Ritz New York, NY- August 13 1988

Deuce
Love Gun
Fits Like A Glove
Heavens on Fire
Cold Gin
Black Diamond
Firehouse
Crazy, Crazy Nights
Calling Dr. Love
War Machine
Tears Are Falling

There you go KISS fans.....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.