Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

KISS - Comprehensive Early Years DVD!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

KISS - Comprehensive Early Years DVD!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-06, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, Walmart sure is a YMMV store. They had it tagged for 24.99 in Valley Stream, NY. Fortunately, they accepted my CC price match. What an awesome purchase. I ripped all three DVDs to my iPod, and have been watching them during my lengthy train commutes these past couple of days.
Old 11-02-06, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts
Originally Posted by Kromax
Man, Walmart sure is a YMMV store. They had it tagged for 24.99 in Valley Stream, NY. Fortunately, they accepted my CC price match. What an awesome purchase. ...
It was tagged $19.99 at my WalMart and rang up at that price. They were happy to PM CC's price, though.
Old 11-02-06, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Decker
It was tagged $19.99 at my WalMart and rang up at that price. They were happy to PM CC's price, though.

It was $19.98 at my local WalMart, too - although they wouldn't price match, so I didn't buy it yet, as it may have just been the guy working at the time. Or, I just might try one of the other area stores - there's at least three within a 20 minute drive.

According to VH1 Classics channel, it was supposed to be featured in WalMart's "VH1 Classics Section" - but I've yet to see one of these anywhere. Anyone else?

Last edited by Rocketdog2000; 11-02-06 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-02-06, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got mine for $19.98 at Wal Mart. I didn't know CC had it cheaper, but I don't care, I paid $20 to have each of these shows on a crap VHS bootleg.
Old 11-02-06, 11:58 AM

I paid $24.98 at Wal-Mart, but was worth it to get the bonus dvd. I also got the set at Best Buy and the bonus dvd was decent quality (not as good as the Wal-Mart disc) and it doesn't have a menu.
Old 11-02-06, 12:48 PM

picked mine up at the walmart.. it was tagged $19.99, but rang up $17.99.. this was at the walmart in chula vista, ca
Old 11-02-06, 02:03 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
My Wal-Mart had no idea what I was talking about. I will have to check out a different location.
Old 11-02-06, 08:25 PM
Banned

I bought the Wal-Mart version on Tuesday for the CC price of $15.99, then took the CC flyer to BB today for their version, and sold the DVD set (sans bonus DVD and replica backstage pass) to the local Movie Xchange for $10. I figure I'm out $6, but I've got the other "exclusive" bonus DVD. I'll probably do the same thing to get the 3rd bonus DVD. Hell, they're worth $6 bucks apiece to me, anyway. turborobb hit the nail on the head about spending $20 each on crappy VHS boots in the old days, but that was the best option at the time.

Anbody need this set (sans bonus DVD and replica backstage pass, naturally)? Drop me a line. Perhaps we can work something out, LOL.
Old 11-04-06, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts
I got the Wal Mart version (for the Largo DVD), and I was very impressed witht the Largo concert. I'm glad I spent the extra money on the additional set.

Now I just need to sell the extra 2 disc version....
Old 11-04-06, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
I've been thinking about it and although I would loooove to have these Classic KISS shows, I refuse to have my Obsessive behavior abused with this "special disc at this store only shit." I've been cured of falling for that shit in the comic book hobby with multiple covers. I see the Video Game industry is also pulling this stuff with the "exclusive character/maps at this store only-on this system only" shit too but since I've only got one system it's much easier to avoid the scam.

Sorry Gene. I know you won't miss my money.
Old 11-04-06, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jkersey
Can anyone post the easter eggs and how to access them? THX!
Anybody..THX...
Old 11-04-06, 04:27 PM

Go to the main menu screen, arrow up, and the KISS logo will light up. That's it. Same procedure on both discs.
Old 11-04-06, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I've been thinking about it and although I would loooove to have these Classic KISS shows, I refuse to have my Obsessive behavior abused with this "special disc at this store only shit." I've been cured of falling for that shit in the comic book hobby with multiple covers. I see the Video Game industry is also pulling this stuff with the "exclusive character/maps at this store only-on this system only" shit too but since I've only got one system it's much easier to avoid the scam.

Sorry Gene. I know you won't miss my money.
So you're going to deprive yourself of all of it?

If you wait another 6 months or so, the disks will just be sold as double sets (no bonus; bonuses are only on the first pressings), so I guess you can wait for that and deprive yourself of an extra disk.
Old 11-05-06, 10:25 AM
Banned

Got the final bonus DVD in this "KISS trifecta", LOL. Re-gifted the opened 2-disc set to a relative who adores early KISS but is not a completist. She didn't want/care about the bonus anyway!

Now I have them all. And if there's nothing from the make-up period on the next set of Bonus DVDs (yeah, right), I'll only need one copy.