Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Darkel - Solo Project from JB Dunckel of Air.

Old 09-06-06, 06:07 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Darkel - Solo Project from JB Dunckel of Air.

Just found out about this today on youtube.

http://www.myspace.com/misterdarkel

1st Video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrMxHYbpbeU

French electronica/rock duo Air is nearly finished with its new studio album, which group member JB Dunckel tells Billboard.com should be released in early 2007 via Astralwerks. First up, however, is Dunckel's self-titled solo debut under the moniker Darkel, which Astralwerks will issue on Sept. 19.

"Most of the tracks contain some piano, and the chords are on the black keys most of the time, because I like the sound of that," Dunckel says of his inspiration for the album name. "Also, it was made very late at night. You have this attraction for the blackness, the space."

Dunckel has been working on the material for a year-and-a-half and put it to tape in his Paris apartment in the 17th arrondissement. "I know I'm not a very good guitar or bass player, so I asked two of my friends do to the bass lines and a little bit of the guitar," he says with a laugh, adding that eight tracks feature his vocals, while two are "sort of" instrumentals. "Most of the instruments are acoustic, but I like to treat them and process them," he says.

The artists says the track "TV Destroy" is "is about destroying your TV when it's getting on your nerves," while "My Own Sun" reflects his belief that "inside your heart you have your own sun shining. Sometimes, in life, you are in a situation where you have to count only on your self. But you feel a force inside you, like a sun."
Old 09-10-06, 06:03 PM

I read about this a few weeks ago and am really excited to hear how it sounds. And if the new Air CD is out in early 2007 my life is complete!