Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

New York Dolls

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-06, 02:14 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
New York Dolls

Anyone know if there are any plans to bring "Too Much Too Soon" back into print? I've been looking for a copy, and can't find anyone who's got a copy for less than $25-$30 (and then there's this copy).
Old 08-26-06, 04:12 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's in print in limited edition from Hip-O Select (http://www.hip-oselect.com/scr.publi...-755e0e05f174).

Unfortunately, it retails $17.49, so with shipping it runs about $21, but it's better than $99 used...

As far as a mass reprinting, I haven't heard anything. You'd think it would be a no-brainer what with the new album and tour.
Old 08-27-06, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by sb5
It's in print in limited edition from Hip-O Select (http://www.hip-oselect.com/scr.publi...-755e0e05f174).

Unfortunately, it retails $17.49, so with shipping it runs about $21, but it's better than $99 used...

As far as a mass reprinting, I haven't heard anything. You'd think it would be a no-brainer what with the new album and tour.
Hmmm, might have to upgrade and sell the old one.

Wasn't there a "best of" collection out a few years back that almost all of both albums on it?
Old 08-27-06, 11:39 AM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

There's a compilation called "Rock 'N Roll" that's currently in-print.

Allmusic.com review:

Rock 'N Roll contains all of the original material from the New York Dolls' two classic albums and adds a couple of outtakes and rarities. So why isn't it as much fun as New York Dolls or Too Much Too Soon? For starters, the Dolls' versions of "Pills," "Stranded in the Jungle," "Don't Start Me Talkin," and "(There's Gonna Be A) Showdown" weren't filler, they were essential to the overall feeling of the albums. And that brings up the main problem of Rock 'N Roll -- it isn't sequenced in an inviting manner. Instead of showcasing the New York Dolls in all of their trashy glory, the disc manages to make them sound rather tedious, which is something their proper albums certainly aren't. Nevertheless, there's plenty of fine music here, and hardcore fans will want the rarities. But the original albums remain the best way to hear the Dolls.
Old 08-27-06, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got that from Lala not knowing it was hard to find.