Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Soundtrack Query

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-06, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 634 Likes on 488 Posts
Soundtrack Query

A co-worker of mine is a fan of the films Breakin' and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. He asked me where he could find the soundtrack for these features. I have no idea myself since, if ever there was a soundtrack release for either of these features, I think they may be long since OOP. What of you guys? Any have any idea of what direction I might point him to? Also, he told me he wants every single last bit of music relating to both features. I know soundtracks generally omit a few song here and there (rights and space reasons, I assume) but if anyone can mention any albums that might feature whichever tracks might be omitted, I'm sure he'd greatly appreciate the help.
Old 07-31-06, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 222 Likes on 178 Posts
Breakin (Amazon)
Breakin 2 (Amazon)
These are the marketplace sellers, and I hope you have some cash.

Froogal Finds
Old 07-31-06, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 634 Likes on 488 Posts
Well neither are for me so I dunno if cash will be an issue for him but I will pass on the information. Thanks, mndtrp.
Old 07-31-06, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 76 Likes on 49 Posts
What is your query?
Old 07-31-06, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heard in Breakin' but missing from the 10-track Polydor CD are: "Beat Box" by Art of Noise(available on the album Who's Afraid Of The Art Of Noise?, but I'm not sure if it would be the same mix as heard in the movie; it's been a long time) "Boogie Down" by Al Jarreau(available on the album Jarreau but probably more widely available on The Best of Al Jarreau) and "Tour de France" by Kraftwerk (the 1983 version, which I think may only be available on this CD EP)

The tracks from the Polydor CD of Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo were posted at WFMU's blog a while back. Heard in Breakin' 2 but missing from the (also)10-track Polydor CD are: "Do Your Thang" by One Way Featuring Al Hudson and "Combat" by Ice-T - AFAIK neither of those has seen a CD release at all.
Old 08-01-06, 12:27 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
You can also go to IMDB, make a list of the songs from the soundtrack, and buy them off iTunes for 99 cents each.