Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Audioslave - Revelations -- Out Sept. 5

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Audioslave - Revelations -- Out Sept. 5

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-06, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
Agree with the Hinkster - a solid effort. Imo the first will never be topped, but I've been happy with the follow-ups.
Old 09-09-06, 01:47 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm definitely digging the album, even the middle tracks that I was "meh" about above have grown on my.

The standouts for me right now are:

Moth
Nothing Left to Say but Goodbye
Until we Fall
One and the Same

Revelations, Sound of a Gun and Wide Awake are all damn good as well, and the rest of the tracks are pretty decent too. Definitely no skip over tracks on this album.
Old 09-12-06, 09:50 AM
Retired

I can't get enough of Moth.

May end up being my favorite song of there's and is top 5 for sure. Sounds like a kick ass Soundgarden song essentially.
Old 09-13-06, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pretty much in agreement with most people here.... I think this is easily Audioslave's best album.... they have definitely come into their own and are far removed from sounding like Rage with a different singer
Old 05-21-18, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 130 Posts
Re: New Audioslave CD "Revelations" due in June

So, figured I'd just pick this thread for my thoughts.

Yes, I'm more than a little late getting around to finally listening to this band in full and now that I have heard all 3 of their albums, I'm pretty let down.

I think I only like 1 song on Revelations and Out of Exile barely has anything I'm interested in as well. Their debut has about a handful of songs I like but it seems like something got lost in translation after that album.

It feels like Tom Morello had too much freedom on all of the albums - a lot of his solos don't fit the tone of most songs and some stuff is just too grating on the ears - it sounds like you can hear Cornell struggling to find a way to adapt his lyrics to a lot of the songs.

I'm definitely not saying they suck at all and I'm actually hoping more songs finally sink in better with me.
Old 05-21-18, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Rival11
So, figured I'd just pick this thread for my thoughts.

Yes, I'm more than a little late getting around to finally listening to this band in full and now that I have heard all 3 of their albums, I'm pretty let down.

I think I only like 1 song on Revelations and Out of Exile barely has anything I'm interested in as well. Their debut has about a handful of songs I like but it seems like something got lost in translation after that album.

It feels like Tom Morello had too much freedom on all of the albums - a lot of his solos don't fit the tone of most songs and some stuff is just too grating on the ears - it sounds like you can hear Cornell struggling to find a way to adapt his lyrics to a lot of the songs.

I'm definitely not saying they suck at all and I'm actually hoping more songs finally sink in better with me.
I literally disagree with everything you said.
Old 05-21-18, 01:04 PM

Received 4,591 Likes on 3,109 Posts

I feel like Audioslave was close to regrouping before Cornell killed himself. A shame.
Old 05-21-18, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,193 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Old 05-21-18, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dvd josh
i literally disagree with everything you said.
x3
Old 05-22-18, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's fine. I just think they sound very bland and uninispired - not so much on their fist album but Revelations (their worst) and Out of Exile (has some decent songs) are where this shows.

Different strokes of course but Cornell's reasons for leaving the band (thread for that can be found here as well) reflect some of what I said in my original reply as well.

Wish I could have gotten into them more when they arrived as I remember there not being much music to choose from back then (and look where we are now).
Old 05-22-18, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Rival11
That's fine. I just think they sound very bland and uninispired - not so much on their fist album but Revelations (their worst) and Out of Exile (has some decent songs) are where this shows.

Different strokes of course but Cornell's reasons for leaving the band (thread for that can be found here as well) reflect some of what I said in my original reply as well.

Wish I could have gotten into them more when they arrived as I remember there not being much music to choose from back then (and look where we are now).
I think the problem may be that you are looking for RATM or Soundgarden in Audioslave's music. It's neither nor. They are their own creation. Try to listen again with a more open mind, you may find you enjoy it for what it is rather than what it isn't. But if you don't like it, no problem there, there's plenty of music I don't like!
Old 05-23-18, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think the problem may be that you are looking for RATM or Soundgarden in Audioslave's music. It's neither nor. They are their own creation. Try to listen again with a more open mind, you may find you enjoy it for what it is rather than what it isn't. But if you don't like it, no problem there, there's plenty of music I don't like!
Actually, I am, I'm digging more songs off the first album. Revelations wasn't an easy listen for me though so I may need more time with it.

Still sounds like Morello gets to carried away at times though but I do like how a bunch more tunes are growing on me.