Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Dio Evil or Divine( Help)

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 05-24-06, 06:41 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does any one have this on DVD?I would like to know if this one is any good.I would like to get a dvd of Dio but i would like to get one of his best.Hope some one can help me.

Thanks
RobertC
Old 05-24-06, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It is a great DVD with excellent sound quality. Highly reccomended.

Also Dio just released "Holy Diver Live" from his prime, I don't have this one yet but its on order. \m/
Old 05-25-06, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

that DVD is awesome... Dio is one of the artists where every live concert from them if awesome no matter which part of his career it's from.

also check out the Sacred Heart tour video (not sure if this is on DVD, but I've had the videos for years) one of my favorite metal concerts... he fights a giant dragon with a magic sword on stage! How cool is that, has Nickleback ever fought a giant dragon? NO! because they suck!
Old 05-25-06, 06:28 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks so much guy's.I will pick this up tomorrow guy's.Yes Sacred heart is out on DVD i have that one yes it is a great dvd.But i was hoping this one is better meaning the stage show.

Robert
Old 05-25-06, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 478 Likes on 350 Posts
Stage show? Better than Sacred Heart? Wrong decade. The MUSICAL performance is much better, and the sound quality of the Evil or Divine DVD is much better, but it's a smaller stage show since DIO plays theaters these days instead of Arenas (that happens to most bands over time). Still, there are some nice backdrops and lighting effects - but no mechanical dragons or spiders or anything like that.

To me, Evil or Divine is much better than the Sacred Heart DVD.

I'm looking forward to the new Holy Diver Live DVD. The CD is really good!