Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Saddle Creek's The Good Life, anyone like them?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 05-15-06, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been a fan since Album of the Year came out in 2004. They are a really easy band to get into, mostly acoustic stuff.

Tim Kasher of the band Cursive does the vocals, and really makes a nice balance between his two bands.

Some tracks that are worth listening to....

Album of the Year
Notes in his Pocket
Lovers Need Lawyers
Inmates

all off of Album of the Year. Just a great little band with some nice lyrics. That cd is also available in an acoustic demo version. They also have some lesser known cds but aren't as easy to get into unless you've listened to this cd.

I did a search and didn't find one damn thing, so I suggest some of you guys listen to this stuff, i'm sure you'll like it.
Old 05-16-06, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm a big fan of both them and Cursive. Black Out (good life) and The Ugly Organ (cursive) are two of my favorite albums, but every cd they put out is distrinct and equally excellent. I love their addition of the cello to their newest stuff, especially in The Ugly Organ.