Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Best Alice Cooper DVD?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Best Alice Cooper DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-06, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Alice Cooper DVD?

I see there are a few out there.

Welcome to my Nightmare
Brutally Live
Prime Cuts
Trashes the World
Etc.

Anyone reccommend one over the other?
Old 02-28-06, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Brutally Live" has the best audio and video quality plus it has a great stage show. That shouold Be Your 1st choice.

Another great one is "Good To See You Again Alice Cooper" which was just released on DVD which shows the original band in its prime.

"Prime Cuts" is cool but its more of a documentary with interviews and song clips, plus many of the songs are incomplete.

"Welcome To my Nightmare" was Alice's most elaberate stage production but he was drunk when it was filmed so the vocals are not thet great. (which Alice mentions in the commentary)

"Trashes The World" is a great show but there was less theatrics on that tour (for Alice Anyway) , there is a "nightmare" segment of 4 or 5 songs in the middle which conains the more traditional show.

I've read that they are going to release "The Strange Case Of Alice Cooper" On DVD soon which was another full blown spectacular.

My fav is "The Nightmare Returns" which is not on DVD and may not get a DVD release. The Stage show was among his best and had more of a Heavey Metal Style. It may not be released because for some reason Alice was unhappy with the vocals which I thought were just fine, especially compared to Welcome To My Nightmare.

Last edited by cactusoly; 02-28-06 at 11:10 AM.