Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Chicago (the band)

Old 10-08-05, 03:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Chicago (the band)

I've been a fan of Chicago for 20 years now, and I'm amazed the band has survived going into the 21st century.

One thing I've noticed is that they haven't had a record deal with a major label in over a decade (I'm not counting their Chicago Records label) and haven't recorded any new material in a long time.

I know these guys like to please their fans with the classics when they go on tour, but don't you think it's about time these guys get into a studio and record something new? I mean Bill Champlin, Robert Lamm are very talented musicians and songwriters. I do think it's an amazing milestone they have survived over 40 years in the record business.
Old 10-08-05, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

While I'm also a big fan of Chicago, I liked their earlier work better (70s and 80s). With the exception of Night and Day, their album in the 90s feel short. Anyway, I gotta agree with you, it would be great to have them release a new record.