Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Neil Young: Prarie Wind Listen to New CD

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-05, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the McCartney thread Decker said: If you had said a few years back that both The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney would release vital, meaningful albums in successive weeks in 2005, everyone would have laughed at you. But that's what happened.

I'd like to add Neil Young to that list as well. In the midst of suffering a brain aneurism and subsequent treatment Neil has managed another album that qualifies for the above commentary. After many releases that fell short of his capability he has produced a CD that can comfortably set on the shelf right next to Harvest, After The Goldrush and Comes A Time. He even gathered the same musicians together.

Have a listen on his website:
http://www.neilyoung.com/prairiewind.html
Old 09-11-05, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i like it so far, but IMO it still doesn't hold a candle to his 70's stuff. it's certainly better than Greendale, tho.
Old 09-11-05, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll certainly be giving this a listen, but the one song I heard so far ("It's a Dream") was, in my opinion, terrible. I've enjoyed a few of Young's albums from the last 25 years, but I haven't LOVED any of his post-1970s output.
Old 09-12-05, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mike1978
I'll certainly be giving this a listen, but the one song I heard so far ("It's a Dream") was, in my opinion, terrible. I've enjoyed a few of Young's albums from the last 25 years, but I haven't LOVED any of his post-1970s output.
I think my favorite is 'No Wonder' which in my opinion is an instant classic.