Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Crossfade CD question

Old 08-13-05, 09:28 PM

Crossfade CD question

I know the CD has been out for a while but I'm considering buying the Crossfade CD. I've searched the forum but haven't found any results for my question. I've heard that all the CDs are edited. Is this true and if so is the Dual Disc version also edited? If both are edited, is there any way to get an unedited version (like petitioning Columbia Records)?
Old 08-14-05, 01:05 AM

I bought the disc awhile ago. It didn't seem edited at all, but I haven't listened to a whole lot. I wasn't very impressed by the cd, "cold" was the only standout track.
Old 08-14-05, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

the dual disc is edited as well.... weird

MATT
Old 08-15-05, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

what would make the cd edited?
Old 08-16-05, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

they fade out a few swear words

MATT
Old 08-16-05, 10:07 PM

I wonder if this was a label decision or a band decision. Are we to assume that all CDs without a PA sticker are edited b/c I've bought some that were not edited? I would think that if anything is missing from a CD, it should say edited somewhere on the case. I believe the word edited implies altered or not in original state and unless the vocalist is very talented I doubt they could fade their voice for just one word. Failure to label a CD as edited, would that not be intended deception of the consumer? This may be a miniscule thing to some but I'd rather hear the entire vocals than just the "acceptable" parts.
Old 08-16-05, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

i recently bought the latest theory of a deadman cd and the song "no surprise" is edited to remove the use of "shit", but on the version that is played on xm radio, the version is unedited.