Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

DMB concert this weekend. Got a ?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-05, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am seeing DMB at Randall's Island IN NY. the concert starts at 12pm, but rumors I hear state that DMB does not go on until 8pm, and that there are many opening bands. I know Bare Naked Ladies are listed as there opener, but Do I have to listen to 6 hours of other bands just to wait for DMB? If so Does anyone know what bands they might be? Thanks for any help.

Also is it true that DMB makes each song last 15 minutes?

As you can tell, I am not really a fan, but am going because my wife likes them.
Old 07-28-05, 01:03 PM

Well, I am jealous. I would LOVE to go to that show. I hope that you enjoy it. More info is available here:
http://www.davematthewsband.com/randallsisland/

There are two stages and music all day including Robert Randolph, Jem, Mike Doughty and Ray Lamontagne. Bare Naked Ladies on Saturday and Black Eyed Peas on Sunday. I don't know what time DMB will come on, but 8 PM does not sound unreasonable. It is an all day event.

And NO! They don't make every song last 15 minutes. You will be priveledged to hear them play extended versions of songs when they really get their groove on, but only a few will receive this treatment.

Enjoy the show, you lucky bastidge.
Old 07-28-05, 01:21 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DMB isn't jamming out as much this tour. They used to play 14 song sets for 2.5-3 hours, now they're doing 18-19 songs 2.5 hour sets. A lot of the songs of Stand Up (of which they're playing 7-10 a night this tour) aren't really jam type songs.

Longest song when I saw them (I downloaded it later) was 12 minutes or so (Warehouse).
Old 07-28-05, 04:40 PM

Thanks Josh and Quan.
Big help on the opening bands!!
Too bad I dont know of any of them (except Jem)

I'll probably head there mid afternoon.
BNL puts on a greatshow from what ive seen.
I hear DMB does as well, It is just hard to sit through songs you dont know.

I will have an open mind!

Thanks again guys!
Old 07-30-05, 12:53 AM

If you like the show, or if your girl is a big fan, shoot me a PM and I can help you download it. DMB allows recording of their shows and it would make a really cool gift for your girl.