Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Rank Coldplay's Albums

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live
View Poll Results: How do you rank 'em?
1. Parachutes; 2. A Rush of Blood to the Head; 3. X & Y
23.44%
1. A Rush of Blood to the Head; 2. X & Y; 3. Parachutes
29.69%
1. X & Y; 2. Parachutes; 3. A Rush of Blood to the Head
1.56%
1. Parachutes; 2. X & Y; 3. A Rush of Blood to the Head
3.13%
1. A Rush of Blood to the Head; 2. Parachutes; 3. X & Y
23.44%
1. X & Y; 2. A Rush of Blood to the Head; 3. Parachutes
18.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Rank Coldplay's Albums

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-05, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
X&Y is a bit underwhelming. Rush of Blood was their masterpiece and Parachutes was their other one.
Wow, I cant believe the dislike for X&Y....I have already found 4 songs that I absolutely love. I think they are as good as their previous hits and Im still not through with the album.

What If
Fix You
Speed of Sound
The Message

X&Y and Rush of Blood are very close in my mind with Parachutes behind them....I probably picked X&Y because ive been listening to it alot lately.

If I can find 4 songs on an album, then I think its a success. Especially in this world of one or two hit crappy albums.
Old 07-30-05, 01:45 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Okay, at current count, we have 27 votes for AROBTTH as Coldplay's best, with PARACHUTES a distant second with 15. Cool...X & Y should have more votes than PARACHUTES but as long as AROBTTH is being properly recognized as the best Coldplay album, I can't complain much...
Old 07-30-05, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Does anyone else think that this poll is needlessly confusing?

Thank god they don't have six albums!
Old 07-30-05, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by automator
Does anyone else think that this poll is needlessly confusing?

Thank god they don't have six albums!
How is it confusing? It has all 6 possible combinations.
Old 07-30-05, 02:03 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, what he said!
Old 07-30-05, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RockStrongo
Wow, I cant believe the dislike for X&Y....I have already found 4 songs that I absolutely love. I think they are as good as their previous hits and Im still not through with the album.

What If
Fix You
Speed of Sound
The Message

X&Y and Rush of Blood are very close in my mind with Parachutes behind them....I probably picked X&Y because ive been listening to it alot lately.

If I can find 4 songs on an album, then I think its a success. Especially in this world of one or two hit crappy albums.
Good choice on those 4 songs and for me i'd throw in Talk with a few other songs that are right there with those.
Old 08-01-05, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
AROBTTH
Parachutes
X & Y
Old 08-02-05, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm also surprised at all the X&Y hate... I think it's their best record and has some excellent tracks on it (fix you, what if, white shadows, talk, hardest part, swallowed in the sea, kingdom come). I'd rank X&Y, Rush of Blood and then Parachutes. To each their own, but I highly suggest the people who have X&Y at the bottom of their list give it some serious relistening time...it'll grow on you big time.

I'm super pumped, seeing Coldplay TONIGHT!

MATT
Old 08-02-05, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by mdc3000
I'm also surprised at all the X&Y hate... I think it's their best record and has some excellent tracks on it (fix you, what if, white shadows, talk, hardest part, swallowed in the sea, kingdom come). I'd rank X&Y, Rush of Blood and then Parachutes. To each their own, but I highly suggest the people who have X&Y at the bottom of their list give it some serious relistening time...it'll grow on you big time.

I'm super pumped, seeing Coldplay TONIGHT!

MATT
Yeah, even Rush of Blood had to grow on me....In my Place is my fave from that album....X&Y will definately grow on you...I havent even listened to all of it yet....Ill check out the songs you said.
Old 08-02-05, 11:15 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have to agree, I love X&Y. I like their other two albums, but they have some weaker tracks that make it tough for me to actively listen from start to finish, where as for me all the songs on X&Y are great.
Old 08-02-05, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I like them all equally. I think they're all very listenable and they all grew on me. Coldplay isn't my favorite band or anything but I like their music.
Old 08-02-05, 02:49 PM

It's too soon for me to rank! I know it's been two months but i'm still listening to X&Y! I am liking it more and more every time. Excluding that bonus track "'Til Kingdome Come".

Check back with me in a couple months where i'll edit this post...if I remember.
Old 08-03-05, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

the concert tonight was incredible. They played a really great mix of new and old songs, the video screen was one of the best I'd seen at a show in a while and they sounded great. Chris Martin improv'd a few lines about Toronto, the miraculous plane crash where no one was hurt and Celine Dion. Overall, one of the best concerts I've ever seen (I see about 25 shows a year....) If anyone gets a chance to see Coldplay on the Twisted Logic tour, for the love of God, do it! Worth every cent I paid on ebay to get my floor tix!

MATT
Old 08-03-05, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

1. A Rush Of Blood To The Head
2. Parachutes
3. X & Y
Old 08-03-05, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RockStrongo

What If
Fix You
Speed of Sound
The Message
Well, it's all subjective, of course.

For me personally - I love every song on AROBTTH, almost every song on Parachutes, and about half of the songs on X&Y (including the three you listed + Talk + Square One - The Message).
Old 08-03-05, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
AROBTTH
Parachutes
X&Y

I think AROBTTH and Parachutes are nearly equally as good, but I gave the slight edge to AROBTTH. X&Y has still not grown on me like the others, I think I still need some more listens.