Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Whaaat? This is....interesting....

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 07-23-05, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

probably a gag story

Christopher Lee to sing at heavy metal festival

Octogenarian actor Christopher Lee is reportedly performing at a heavy metal festival in Germany.

The 82-year-old Lord of the Rings star is taking part in the Earthshaker Festival in Geiselwind, Bavaria.

He will sing with two bands, Manowar and Rhapsody, according to concert organisers.

Lee will be accompanied by a live orchestra and a choir and will perform alongside heavy metal bands such as Grave Digger, Dragonlord and Forces of Evil.
Old 07-23-05, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That would be freakin' peculiar to see. Maybe he's doing voiceover during these heavy metal acts' sets? That would make more sense... ?
Old 07-23-05, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a gag story
Old 07-23-05, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
ok, now I'm really interested....
Old 07-23-05, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts
Yes, this is real. He sings on a track on the new Rhapsody CD. The song will be released in the 6 or 7 different languages that Lee is fluent in. Rhapsody call them selves a "symphonic metal" band, and play power metal with a lot of fantasy themes. Christopher Lee's voice fits in well with their gothic, sword and sorcery style.

Rhapsody have been touring with Manowar, and Lee will appear live with both bands at some big metal festival in Europe. He will perform live with Rhapsody and will narrate two songs with Manowar (Dark Avenger and Defender) that were originally narrrated by Orsen Welles.
Old 07-24-05, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The story basically goes like this. Christopher Lee did naration on Rhapsody's new album, and he also appeared in one of their videos. I think he was disappointed that he wasn't able to sing on the album (as he is a clasically trained singer), so they went back and rerecorded one of the album tracks with him, in several languages, no less.

The single that Lee sings on (The Magic Of The Wizard`s Dream) was released in Europe on March 29th, so it's been out for quite some time. The festival he's gonna be at is called "Earthshaker Fest", and it's actually this weekend (23/24).

I got a chance to see Rhapsody and Manowar last month, and while Christopher Lee wasn't there, he had recorded a special intro for Rhapsody. They kicked so much ass! They're such a tight-knit, talented group of musicians, and I can't wait to catch them again, especially if they're headlining!