Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Whatever happened to the guy from New Radicals?

Old 07-19-05, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Whatever happened to the guy from New Radicals?

While the songs on MYBBT are not really my taste (drugs, etc.), I LOVE the album.

What's he doing now?
Old 07-19-05, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He was a jackass and left the band to do his own thing.

MYBBT is a fantastic debut album and I would've loved to see what the New Radicals may have accomplished. But oh well...
Old 07-19-05, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I guess I was mistaken in thinking that he was "the band." I thought it was just one guy.

Oh well, jackasses suck.
Old 07-19-05, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Toad
I guess I was mistaken in thinking that he was "the band." I thought it was just one guy.

Oh well, jackasses suck.
He basically was the band. He gave up performing and writes and produces now.
Old 07-19-05, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A couple of the other guys are playing in the house band for the show Rock Star: INXS
Old 07-19-05, 10:11 PM

He wrote and produced the Santana/Michelle Branch song "The Game of Love" if I'm not mistaken.

Hope he does something like that New Radicals album again. "You Get What You Give" and "Mother We Just Can't Get Enough" are stone-cold pop classics. "Flowers" and "Gotta Stay High" aren't too shabby either.
Old 07-19-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is actually one of my favorite albums. Even when the content isn't all that, the production itself is a part of the art.

I'd always heard that after he made the album, he thought it was too much work and went back to just producing.

While another album might be nice, sometimes it's good to have just one project that can stand alone, and will never be tarnished by inferior followups.
Old 07-20-05, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

According to I Love the 90's on VH1 (IIRC) he hated the popiness of the New Radicals and did not want to be recognised, why he always low slung his hat. Weird since it was his band that he would write and perform songs he hated.
Old 07-20-05, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I just hated him when he compared the video to "You Get..." being in the mall to "society" --- what a doofus.

Old 07-20-05, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I believe he's now working at an Orange Julius stand in the same mall where he filmed the "You Get What You Give" video. . .
Old 07-20-05, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Virex
I believe he's now working at an Orange Julius stand in the same mall where he filmed the "You Get What You Give" video. . .
lol.
Old 07-29-05, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

He disbanded the group because he didn't want to be in the limelight. He was gaining public recognition and wanted to keep a low-profile. Although not liking the "poppiness" of the band might be correct (I never heard that), he decided that he'd rather write music and produce albums for other artists.

My favorite song off the album was "Someday We'll Know", even though it's kind of sappy.

One of the back-up singers in the band was Danielle Brisebois (sp?), the young girl who used to be in the Archie Bunker shows (All in the Family, and Archie Bunker's Place).

She worked with Gregg Alexander (New Radicals lead singer that we're talking about) on both her albums.