Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Need Help Finding a NewWave Song

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-05, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm afraid I don't have much to go on. The only helpful hint I can give is if you ever watched VH-1 Classics (the one that plays music videos 24/7). They have an advertisement for a music segment called Alternative, and they play clips of different songs on it. The song I'm looking for in the clip goes like this: La, La, La

If you've seen the segment, you'll know. Perhaps you're familiar with the song enough to know the clip from just the La, La, La. It sounds sooo good, and familiar! That's the part that gets me the most.
Old 05-18-05, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That would be "Born of Frustration" by James if I'm not mistaken.
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...dItemId=130464

Other songs in that clip are "Close to Me" and "Friday I'm in Love" by The Cure and "There She Goes" by the La's.
I'm a big fan of The Alternative, I have my DVR record every episode. It's a very very cool show as I really dig most if not all of the music they play.
Old 05-19-05, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's it! Thanks for the help!!!
Old 05-22-05, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool glad I could help. It's funny, I had heard Born of Frustration years ago but completely forgotten about it, with the exception of the opening guitar part. I never could place it but I always had it stuck in my head, for several years actually. I couldn't ask someone about it because when all you remember is a few chords that's not much help. It was pure luck that I happened to hear it on XM one day and was finally able to place it.

Last edited by Cardiff Giant11; 05-22-05 at 10:22 AM.