Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New Kanye West single - "Diamonds"

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 04-21-05, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else hear it? I like it, but he's got a lot to live up to, the first album was amazing. Still, good song.
Old 04-21-05, 11:21 AM
Banned

Yea, it is really good, cant wait to hear the album, anyone know the release date?
Old 04-21-05, 11:29 AM
Cool New Member

Kanye's new CD, "Late Registration," drops on July 12. The song is insanely catchy but this CD really does have a lot to live up to.
Old 04-21-05, 11:57 AM

The sample is the song is sweet. I've been looking forward to "Late Registration" for a while now, I think Kanye will deliever again....
Old 04-21-05, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
If Kanye West can have four simulataneous singles out at the same time (two of his, one with Twista, and one with Dilated Peoples), I think he has enough in him to come out a winner on this one.
Old 04-21-05, 07:38 PM

I was hoping his duet, "Bittersweet" with John Mayer was going to be the first single. T
Old 04-22-05, 03:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree he has a lot to live up to (considering all but a few of his college dropout tracks were good) but considering his production track-record I'd say it's a safe bet to say that this will be good.
Old 05-02-05, 10:55 PM

I heard Diamonds - pretty good song; I dunno if there's enough growth for me though. It sounds like it could have been on College Dropout and I love when an artist changes a bit on every album. Good song, anyway....

I *kind of* heard bittersweet on some MTV pre-grammy special with John Mayer and Kanye, where they played little clips of it in the background. Anyway, I hope it was a very early, rough mix because it sounded bad. Really bad. Especially bad, since I really respect both Kanye and Mayer as good mainstream musicians. I heard John Mayer does a song with Common on 'Be' (which I can't wait for) as well - haven't heard the song, but my friend didnt much like it. I'll stay optimistic...
Old 05-03-05, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The beats are amazing and the sample as well on DIAMONDS. Kanye is getting to be a little bit better of a rapper, but his flow still needs improvement. Hopefully, he'll stay smart like Dr. Dre and put a LOT of guest rappers on the new record.
Old 05-03-05, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MFRONE
I was hoping his duet, "Bittersweet" with John Mayer was going to be the first single. T
I heard a little bit of the Mayer song on MTV's pre-grammy show and did not like it at all. The new single "Diamonds" though is nice.