Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Beatles "HELP!" question....

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-05, 11:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can ANYONE tell me if the Beatles' song "HELP!" is available on CD with the "James Bond-ish" musical intro left on? I recently had to re-purchase my entire Beatles catalog on CD (thanks to a greedy ex), and realized that NOWHERE on ANY of the discs can I find this version of "Help".

Am I crazy, or wasn't this out at one time on CD? Am I looking in the wrong places?

Thanks in advance to all who read this, and especially, those folks with answers.
Old 04-17-05, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I pulled out my vinyl US Capitol Records release of "Help" and it does have about a 10 second intro of "James Bond-like" soundtrack music leading into Help. The track listing on the album cover does not cite this however.

Of course, the official CD release of Help which is the British version of the record only has the song itself. Any CD currently available that would have the old "US album" version of the song would have to be an import. I'm guessing though that Capitol will soon release a sequel to their recent CD box set of the first four US Beatles albums that will include the original Capitol "Help" album.
Old 04-17-05, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeR63
Any CD currently available that would have the old "US album" version of the song would have to be a bootleg.
Fixed. All official Beatles CDs (except for the new Capitol Years vol. 1) are the same the world over, the UK editions.