Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Tool [including updated new release information]

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Tool [including updated new release information]

Old 06-10-05, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, supposedly there will be both a CD and a DVD. Hopefully they'll come out the same day.
Old 06-10-05, 04:20 PM

Holy shit, if it comes out in just a couple months that will be fucking awesome!!
Old 06-10-05, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Best band of all time,enough said.
Old 06-10-05, 09:17 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 737 Likes on 525 Posts
According to an e-mail I got from a BMG representative here in Canada, the tentative release date for the album is Sept 13, 2005. Obviously, that's going to change, but at least that's not "too" far away.

As for how I rank the albums:
Lateralus
AEnima
Undertow
Opiate
Salival

I LOVE the songs on Salival and AEnima, but you'd be crazy to say that "LAMC", "Useful Idiot", "Message to Harry Manback", and "Message to Harry Manback II" aren't filler.

Third Eye is a personal favourite, along with Lateralus, Stinkfist, 46 & 2, Flood, Undertow... hell... everything that's actually a "song" is fantastic. Though, I tend to skip over Die Eier Von Satan.
Old 06-10-05, 10:50 PM
Suspended

I wouldn't count on that name (Teleincision) based on what has happened before when a new has album droped.
Old 06-11-05, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It will probably be 2006 before we see a new TOOL album. Whatever it takes to make it sound good is how I feel about it.
Old 06-13-05, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts
Tool seem to do a good job with their albums, and I don't mind waiting for a quality one. I'll pick it up the week of release, no matter when it is.
Old 09-28-05, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What is the latest on their new album?
Old 09-29-05, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They're in the midst of recording it.
Old 09-30-05, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bet it will be early in the new year,maybe Feb.?whenever it comes out it will not be soon enough,im like a crackhead when it comes to new tool(the band).
Old 10-01-05, 07:01 AM

I've heard they were in the midst of booking with the major european festivals for next year.
I would imagine a late spring/summer release.
Old 10-01-05, 08:54 AM

I'm all for them taking their time to do this album, gotta be a lot of pressure to follow an album like lateralus.
Old 10-01-05, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Capo2002
I'm all for them taking their time to do this album, gotta be a lot of pressure to follow an album like lateralus.
I think following up Aenima after a fight with their old label and the long layoff was more pressure. Tool just does everything on their own time table.
Old 10-01-05, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I cant wait for the new album. I dont really care how long it takes because you know that it will be a quality album. I really didnt get into them untill about 3 years ago. As soon as I started listening to them They became my favorite songs. The songs are so complex they make me mesmorized.

AEnima
LatLateralus
Undertow
Salival
Opiate
i just love Aemima the son and 4degrees
Old 11-22-05, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts
Volcano will on Dec. 20 release short form DVD singles for the Tool songs "Schism" and "Parabola." Beyond the video clips for the tracks, the DVDs will feature previously unreleased audio remixes plus commentary.

"Schism" and "Parabola" are drawn from Tool's most recent studio album, 2001's "Lateralus." The set has sold 2.3 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. According to Tool's Web site, the group is also at work on a comprehensive live DVD, but no release date is set.

BIILLBOARD.com
Old 11-23-05, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I had read that. It seems like the almost-equally-worthless Salival set. Shouldn't this have come out closer to Lateralus being released?
Old 11-23-05, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The plan was to have the Schism dvd come out closer to the release of Lateralus, but for whatever reason it hadn't. I thought this was going to be one dvd with both songs, but that article says not.

I'd never thought of Salival as worthless. It was a video collection and a few nice tracks in a cool package. Was it the price that made it worthless?
Old 11-23-05, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mndtrp
I had read that. It seems like the almost-equally-worthless Salival set. Shouldn't this have come out closer to Lateralus being released?
While there's not much content on the Salival set, having the videos on dvd is definately nice, and I wish more artists that I like put out sets of their videos. As for it being worthless, check out the prices on ebay. Obviously a lot of people think it's worth a lot (monetarily speaking) as they regularly go for $50-125, and I have seen a sealed one spike at around $200!
Old 11-25-05, 11:16 AM

I have also heard about the release of the new album. Im kinda unsure about the taste they will use this time tho. B/c i read on an mtv interview than maynard wasnt moving away from the anger like lyrics. Not sure the exact quote, but it was something like him saying that he had to learn from his music why else would he write it. He also said he had done this and he isnt angry anymore so the lyrics might change along with the music perhaps. I honestly dont think ne thing they release will be a flop, but i am starting to wonder if this upcoming cd will be able to top Lateralus at least.

By the way has ne one ever heard the CAD album? Its supposed to be the very first unreleased tool cd, i have a copy of it isnt ne thing special but its still cool to have.

my fav tool songs
1) Third Eye
2) The Grudge
3) 4 Degrees
4) H
5) Stinkfist / Parabola

Seeing Tool live is also a site to see. I seen them once on each leg of the tours. Once here in Huntington, WV my hometown. Cincinnati, OH and Toldeo, OH... Toledo was by far the best hearing Third Eye live was something unbelievable. They made it possible to actually feel the song in your head it was insane, Ne ways cant wait until the new album. peace
Old 11-25-05, 11:52 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Salival is great for three reasons:
- Pushit (live)
- No Quarter
- Third Eye (live)
Those three tracks alone make it worth any price you'd have to pay for it.

the other live tracks are good.
Message to Harry Manback II, and LAMC are good for one listen,
and Maynard's Dick is good for a few listens.

The DVD is alright, but not too exciting.

I can't wait for the new album, but SonyBMG doesn't even have a projected release date, so I wouldn't expect it for quite some time.
Old 11-26-05, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BWakaGr8ness
By the way has ne one ever heard the CAD album? Its supposed to be the very first unreleased tool cd, i have a copy of it isnt ne thing special but its still cool to have.
the CAD album was never officially released on cd, and it's only connection to the band Tool is Maynard. He was also in a band called TEXans. These are the only pre tool recordings I own from any of the members except the Peach album with Justin.
Old 11-26-05, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've utilized Salival maybe 3 times. I wouldn't doubt many people out there enjoy it immensely, I don't. The packaging was pretty sweet, though.
Old 11-27-05, 03:58 PM

Tool is my 2nd favorite band ever only to Pink Floyd. I saw them on 10/11/01 in Orlando, best concert ever. I hope to go to all the Florida shows next go around.

Songs:
1) Lateralus
2) Reflection
3) Eulogy
4) H.
5) Third Eye

Even though 3 of the top 5 come from Aenima, I'd still rank Lateralus higher. I'm not expecting the next album to top Lateralus. I've got a hunch it will be heavier and rawer, but thats based on nothing but a feeling I have, which doesn't mean crap. FWIW I think this might be the most political album we've seen from Tool. I'd be impressed if MJK got it all out of his system before writing for Tool. Nothing wrong with political music, I love RATM, but I don't think its mean for Tool.
Old 11-29-05, 02:23 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

in the meantime, SonyBMG should re-release Opiate and Undertow with remastered audio. The albums are great as they are (no need for extra tracks or any of that other "value-added" stuff), but, in terms of sound levels, they seem to be extremely quiet compared to most CDs (even from that era of CD manufacturing). I'd gladly give them another $14 CAD for a better-sounding CD. Even AEnima could use a remastering, but I'm not entirely concerned about that one.
Old 11-29-05, 05:13 AM

my top 3 albums are

1. Aenima
2. Undertow
3. Lateralus

i like Salival a lot too.....i know that it is worth some money, but what i didn't realize is that my Aenima on vinyl is worth a whole lot more. Too bad its not still sealed.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.