Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Black Crowes reunites for 5 shows in NYC!!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-05, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(c&p from blackcrowes.com - I wonder how much tix will be!)

THE BLACK CROWES ARE SET TO ‘ALL JOIN HANDS’ WITH FIVE-NIGHT ENGAGEMENT IN NEW YORK CITY - MARCH 22-27

After months of speculation, THE BLACK CROWES will make a triumphant return to the live concert stage with five special shows--billed by brothers CHRIS and RICH ROBINSON as “ALL JOIN HANDS”-- at New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom beginning March 22. These concerts mark the first shows by The Most Rock ‘N Roll Rock ‘N Roll Band In The World since October 31, 2001.

Tickets for the limited engagement will be available to fans January 25 via an Internet pre-sale (www.blackcrowes.com & www.musictoday.com), with the public on-sale date set for February 5. Each show will feature a special opening guest handpicked by CHRIS and RICH: John Butler Trio (3/22), The Bees (3/23), The Soundtrack Of Our Lives (3/25), North Mississippi Allstars (3/26) and Ben Kweller (3/27). Longtime group manager Pete Angelus states that these are the only confirmed shows and no future touring plans or dates have been confirmed. “Regardless of the speculation, we are going to see how these shows at The Hammerstein evolve before giving any further consideration to additional shows,” says Angelus.

In early 2002, THE BLACK CROWES announced a hiatus, leaving CHRIS and RICH ROBINSON free to record solo albums. Last summer, rumors about THE BLACK CROWES taking flight again began when their long-dormant website (www.blackcrowes.com) suddenly became animated, showing two “Crowe” heads facing each other with audio clips of the band’s music. Instantly, message boards on the Internet began buzzing.

From the beginning, when they roared out of the gate with their multi-platinum debut album SHAKE YOUR MONEYMAKER in 1990, THE BLACK CROWES have played by their own rules, pissed off detractors and formed an intimate connection with their audience, while maintaining their independence and creative freedom from standard industry practices. Their mission: to create rock and roll that is fierce and genuine, with a sound that didn’t conform to easy categorization. You could hear it in their six studio albums and in their panoramic live shows. As the band racked up worldwide album sales exceeding 15 million, the band performed over 2000 shows between 1990 and 2001. Their gigs became legendary for set lists which changed every night and signature incendiary musical explorations. THE BLACK CROWES are one of the few contemporary bands who have also shared the stage with Jimmy Page, Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, AC/DC, The Who, Neil Young, The Grateful Dead and many other legendary artists.

This is the highly anticipated and long awaited return of THE BLACK CROWES.
Old 01-12-05, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hope they announce a real tour soon. Also hope that the North Mississippi Allstars and the John Butler Trio join them on tour. Those three acts together would make for an absolutely incredible triple bill.
Old 01-12-05, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not too excited about this but I do recall that I thought they're second album was spectacular.
Old 01-12-05, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 01-12-05, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will only go see this band if they get off the long drawn out junk they did live - which were just a mess. I have seen them in small clubs around around the time the 1st album was released to the Amorica (sp?), maybe a total of 8-10 times during their span. All I know is the last show I saw I left early and should have known better since they were heading into the 'Dead' direction slowly but surely over the years. The early shows were a bit more to the point, not too bad with the Southern Companion shows and then it just got terrible.
Old 01-14-05, 02:05 PM

Very exciting.