DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   allofmp3.com? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/388396-allofmp3-com.html)

tommy28 06-28-05 05:53 PM

Nitro i use icard to make payments ...

NitroJMS 06-28-05 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by tommy28
Nitro i use icard to make payments ...

What is icard?

tommy28 06-28-05 07:23 PM

nitro to get proper credit,go through allofmp3`s sight

http://www.xrost.com/

cdollaz 06-29-05 09:54 AM

Another good thing about it is that you do not even have to download music as you can listen to any full album (not clips but the full songs) on there as long as you are a member. So just put in the minimum payment ($5 or $10) and then you can basically have your own jukebox with no obligation to buy anything.

cungar 06-29-05 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by tommy28
cungar did you download there Explorer program???

Yeah got it. I've downloaded about 20 albums. Sometimes it's fast as shit 450 Kbps and sometimes it's slower than molasses 10 Kbps.

The Bus 06-29-05 04:57 PM

It's been TERRIBLE the past couple of days, especially the last day or so...

Mr. Salty 06-29-05 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Another good thing about it is that you do not even have to download music as you can listen to any full album (not clips but the full songs) on there as long as you are a member. So just put in the minimum payment ($5 or $10) and then you can basically have your own jukebox with no obligation to buy anything.

That's only a positive if you find unbelievably shitty sound quality acceptable. Sadly, more and more people these days do. But I'm willing to pay $ for a CD, SACD or DVD-A, or at least AllofMP3's high-bitrate AAC encoding.

I use the full album previews for exactly the purpose they're intended: To find out of I like music before I buy it.

Trigger 06-29-05 07:32 PM

www.mp3search.ru is another alternative - 10 cents per track with discounts for entire albums. I know someone who uses it and likes it alot.

There are others... just don't know which are 'legit' and which aren't. Google search for "mp3 ru" and you'll come up with a bunch.

cdollaz 06-30-05 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
That's only a positive if you find unbelievably shitty sound quality acceptable.

Or if I happen to listen to them at work with one speaker at a low volume. Quality doesn't really matter in this case.

DonnachaOne 07-02-05 04:52 PM

The 24-kbps test tracks are a GODSEND.

I just listened to a cover of David Bowie's "Life On Mars" by an Indonesian singer named Anggun from the last decade. It's lovely. I'd never have known had it not been for allofmp3, and I've never have been able to hear it risk-free without the test track.

Do a search for it. It's like a young Sade.

wastro 07-02-05 07:38 PM

The simple fact it doesn't pay the artists is enough for me to go elsewhere.

Trigger 07-04-05 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by wastro
The simple fact it doesn't pay the artists is enough for me to go elsewhere.

do you think the riaa pays the artists?

stevevt 07-04-05 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Trigger

Do you think that's an argument for payment to completely unrelated third parties?

RMSpuhler 07-04-05 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by DonnachaOne
The 24-kbps test tracks are a GODSEND.

I just listened to a cover of David Bowie's "Life On Mars" by an Indonesian singer named Anggun from the last decade. It's lovely. I'd never have known had it not been for allofmp3, and I've never have been able to hear it risk-free without the test track.

Do a search for it. It's like a young Sade.

Soory for the brief threadjack:

I LOVE Anggun. I saw her open for Natalie Merchant in ... 1999, I think. She has a powerful voice, absolutely stunning. Oh, and she's pretty cute, too:

http://www.sonymusicstore.com/coveri..._72dpi_RGB.jpg

RS

wastro 07-04-05 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Trigger

At least a small portion of the money I pay whenever I buy a song from iTunes goes to the artist. This is not the case with allofmp3.com.

shaun3000 07-04-05 02:58 PM

Lord knows most of the "artists" who's songs are sold by allofmp3 are desparate for the money.

cdollaz 07-05-05 09:37 AM

My friends and I have been seriously talking about sending artists a buck everytime we download a cd from allofmp3, along with a note saying something like "Here's a buck. We downloaded your cd. We know it's more than you would have gotten if we would have bought it legitimately."

chess 07-05-05 09:52 AM

My friends and I have been seriously talking about sending artists a buck everytime we download a cd from allofmp3, along with a note saying something like "Here's a buck. We downloaded your cd. We know it's more than you would have gotten if we would have bought it legitimately."

Great idea. It would be great if we could support artists without supporting the asshole corporate record industry.

I'm just waiting for a mainstream artist to do something like this on their own. When they finish their big lable contract, release their new CD on an indie lable and sell downloads off of their website...with a big THANK YOU for the fans and a big FUCK YOU for the record execs. Didn't Pearl Jam just finish their contract with Sony? They seem like just the sort to do something like this.

chess 07-05-05 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by RMSpuhler
Soory for the brief threadjack:

I LOVE Anggun. I saw her open for Natalie Merchant in ... 1999, I think. She has a powerful voice, absolutely stunning. Oh, and she's pretty cute, too:

http://www.sonymusicstore.com/coveri..._72dpi_RGB.jpg

RS

Pretty cute?

Good god, man...she is gorgeous.

The Bus 07-05-05 10:37 AM

I despide the fact that they don't pay the artists enough. I, do, however, like that you can get a lot of UK stuff for non-UK import prices. Too much UK stuff never makes it over here stateside.

DonnachaOne 07-07-05 01:29 PM

I actually followed you up on that!

Last night, I pulled up "Now That's What I Call Music 29", and calmly went to sleep listening to my '1995 radio station'.

billy9215 01-21-06 04:27 PM

I just subscribed to this site, ordered one track, this is the current status of the track:

Song Duration Format Encode date Size Cost

Age Of Consent 5:16 wma, wma8, 128, from CD-DA process... 0.00 Kb $0.000

Does "process..." mean the song isn't ready to download yet?

I think so because when I right click on the icon next to the name of the song it doesn't give me the "save as target" option yet?

Anybody help?

Thanks much

DonnachaOne 01-21-06 04:42 PM

It's unusual that it would be processing for so long. Usually it's very quick. Any progress since you posted?

billy9215 01-21-06 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by DonnachaOne
It's unusual that it would be processing for so long. Usually it's very quick. Any progress since you posted?

No, no progress yet. I think I'll leave it alone for a day and see what happens and then post any progress here thereafter.

Thanks for the response, you people are great!!

Cheers

The Bus 01-21-06 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by NitroJMS
I've tried using Visa on this site and it simply won't go through. Does it matter that I'm using a one-time use number from MBNA? I've never had this problem at any other site.

I called them and they actually told me what I needed to do for that specific site. :lol: Must be popular.

Make the credit limit twice as high at least, and it will go through.