Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Well, Tapeworm is dead

Old 05-09-04, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, Tapeworm is dead

As posted at NIN.com under the access section, Trent says Tapeworm is dead due to a number of problems concerning lawyers, record labels, time, and quality of music. It's unfortunate, because the combination of all the people involved could have created something really stellar, but he says in his own words that if the music really was that great, they could have found a way around it. I guess things just weren't up to par this time.

He does say he will probably work with Maynard again in the future, but for this project the planets weren't aligned in his favor.

Ohwell, I guess the one relic we have is the APC performance of Vacant from my own hometown. Good enough for me I guess.

http://www.nin.com/access/index.html
Old 05-09-04, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

these supergroup projects rarely work out well, i would rather have a new NIN and Tool album instead of a Tapeworm mix.
Old 05-10-04, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

sad news, maybe someday.
Old 05-10-04, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Matter + anti-matter, big talents and big egos, without enough discipline. Frank is right, supergroups almost inevitably disappoint.
Old 05-10-04, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, It didn't sound so much like a supergroup in the general sense though. I agree, they rarely work. So far it seems Audioslave is one of those rare exceptions where they create another band worth listening to.

Anyway, I don't know if this would have panned out that way because I don't think it was meant to be pursued any further than a one off project. I think it was envisioned as a single record full of some great tracks from a group of super talented guys. Not something to tour for and pursue outright, as it's obvious they are all busy enough on their own.
Old 05-10-04, 10:28 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I only hope that halo eighteen really does come out in two thousand four.
Old 05-10-04, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by AndyCapps
I only hope that halo eighteen really does come out in two thousand four.
Amen. Everything seems more serious with the website now, so hopefully it's coming together nicely now.
Old 05-11-04, 01:16 PM

Tantric & Velvet Revolver are good supergroups too (along with Audioslave of course)