DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   The furthest you've travelled to see a band? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/360915-furthest-youve-travelled-see-band.html)

turborobb 05-10-04 02:08 AM

I drove almost 5 hours to go see Warrant, because they are one of the best live bands ever.

I also drove 4 hours to go see KISS on thier unplugged tour

asianxcore 05-10-04 08:34 PM

drove in a really bad storm to Orangevale, California, to see Hatebreed. usually a 1 hour 40 minute drive, turned out to be almost 3 hours. also flew from michigan to syracuse, new york for Hellfest.

sauce07 05-11-04 05:20 AM

it took me 18 hours to get to the phish festival in maine last summer(from VA).

DaveNinja 05-11-04 12:36 PM

Originally posted by Buford T Pusser
Material Issue's biggest hits were probably "Kim the Waitress", "What Girls Want", "Valerie Loves Me" and "Diane".

Great fun!

Valerie Loves Me is the video i remember seeing. It used to be on 120 minutes all the time.

Walter Mitty 05-11-04 02:08 PM

Dallas to Atlanta to see the Dead. didn't get in but I tripped a lot. :D

Took a few trips from Dallas to Colorado to see Phish as well. Got in.

nazz 05-11-04 11:03 PM

We flew from Indiana to Atlantic City to see Crosby, Stills & Nash each night through Valentine's weekend.

We had the added motivation of being invited to hang out back stage each night by David.

Giles 05-11-04 11:21 PM

How I could I forget, der, even though I flew to Toronto to see the Stereophonics - two friends and I flew across the Atlantic and saw them perform in Wales. Also saw U2 at Wembley Stadium in London.

shaggy 05-13-04 02:57 AM

Niagara Falls, NY to Miami Florida to See u2 kick off the Elevation Tour. I plan on going to the opening show again

mljones99 05-13-04 10:38 PM

Originally posted by antennaball
From San Marcos (Austin area) to Dallas for the first Summer Sanitarium. That's about my limit.
Exactly the same show for me except I was living on the NW side of Ausitn at the time.

Now I won't go to a concert unless it's here in town, preferably at the Verizon Wireless Ampitheater which is close enough I could easily walk to.

movieking 05-14-04 10:22 PM

Patman: What band are you going to see? You've piqued my curiosity.

The furthest that I have travelled is 1,705 Miles (or 2,744 Kilometers) to see Bruce Springsteen in concert. I have been a huge Springsteen fan for years, so myself and my girlfriend bite the bullet and flew to Ottawa to see him. Well worth the trip :up:

Patman 05-14-04 10:43 PM

The Corrs.

Got my concert ticket. Bought my airplane ticket, and will book a rental in a next couple of months for the August concert.

movieking 05-14-04 10:56 PM

Cool. I just found out today that they are scheduled to play in my hometown in September. Can't wait!

Patman 05-15-04 10:42 PM

As far as I can tell, I probably won't get a chance to see them until 2010 because I think they've given up on hitting it big in the US, and their limited concert schedule in the US is indicative of that assessment. So go I must to another city to see them on this tour in the summer. Otherwise, I'd have to fly over to Ireland or the UK to catch them in concert.

movieking 05-16-04 12:45 PM

If you wanted to see them in Canada in September, you would have gotten 30 cents on the dollar! A lot of USers fly to Canada to see concerts because of the exchange difference, rather than go to other states. Not only Americans, but I have bumped into people from many different countries at concerts. Pretty interesting actually.

HistoryProf 05-17-04 01:04 AM

Northern Michigan to Orlando to see the Dead....