Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Athenaeum broke up :(

Old 04-21-04, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Athenaeum broke up :(

Most of you probably remember the song "What I Didn't Know" from many summers ago, but this band was so much more than that little ditty. I thought these guys played some of the best pure rock music around with excellent composition and melodies. And they put on one hell of a show. It's too bad they only managed 2 albums, an EP and a b-sides collection in 10 years, but they really took the time to make good songs, not just throw out albums every year that sounded the same. If you get a chance to check out some of their work beyond WIDK, I highly recommend them. They are playing some farewell shows during the year, and if you live in the SE you should definitely check them out.
Old 04-21-04, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Athenaeum broke up :(

I liked both their big releases. They always reminded me of a cross between Toad the Wet Sprocket and Gin Blossoms.