Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

farewell Boy Hits Car

Old 04-20-04, 07:54 PM

farewell Boy Hits Car

what an awful day... come home form work and check my email and i see this...

Dear Boy Hits Car Fans,

It is with much regret that I inform you that after 11 years, Boy Hits Car is playing its farewell show.

After 11 years of playing together, and a lifetime of growing up together, our brother Louis has announced that he is quitting the band to follow his heart as his life is taking him down a different path that at this time no longer includes playing music.

Johnny, in just three-and-a-half months after joining the band, has witnessed the burden of many obstacles: Wind-up Records dropping us from our recording contract; submitting music and playing live for so many record labels and none of them wanting to sign us; and now Louis departure. Understandably, Johnny has become disheartened. He is choosing to quit Boy Hits Car and plans on starting his own project.

CRegg and I are deeply saddened and feel a great loss as we still believe in this band and the music. This is all very sudden--or maybe it was a long time coming. Whatever the case, we are down but not out. Although our tears flow in this moment, the fire within us is still blazing. CRegg and I are committed to our shared vision and to expressing all of the love, fury, passion and energy inside of us that is clawing to come out. CRegg and I will stay true to the dreams of our youth and continue on, creating and expressing beautiful music together with other like-minded artists. Whether that will manifest itself as a rebirthed version of Boy Hits Car (if that is even possible) or as a completely new project all together, we are not sure.

So, to honor ourselves and you, the believers, Boy Hits Car will play our farewell show Saturday, April 24th at The Whisky in Hollywood, CA @ 10:45pm.

From the bottom of my heart I express my deepest gratitude to each and every one of you who has come to the shows, bought a CD, told a friend and connected with our music. It has been a pleasure to meet many of you, either in person or via website or e-mail. We hope you will join us at The Whisky in celebration of 11 years of Lovecore as Boy Hits Car as we know it, plays its last show. Thank you for supporting Boy Hits Car and live music.

Sincerely,
Scott

*To receive a discounted admission to the show, click here, print the flyer below and bring it with you to the show.

i'm heartbroken.. i'm lost for words
Old 04-20-04, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Old 04-21-04, 10:58 AM

I would have to agree, that was a very sad email. I use to work with those guys years ago when I was a club promoter. They were my favorite band in the club scene and I would always book them for almost every show I did plus my annual birthday bash. Greatest bunch of guys I worked with, could always count on them. I was just listening to their first cd the other day too. I'm definitely going to the Whiskey show on Saturday.
Old 04-21-04, 12:21 PM

i'd kill to go. but i'm on the other side of the country...

hope someone tapes the show...
i've never gotten to see them live, and now i never will
Old 04-24-04, 06:46 PM

bump for their final show tonight.. hopefully you peeps in LA go and witness something i'd die to see..
Old 04-24-04, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

how many CD"s did they end up having?
Old 04-25-04, 08:15 AM

My Animal and self-titled