Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

YES!!! NIN to release new album and tour shortly!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

YES!!! NIN to release new album and tour shortly!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-04, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Ergyu
I used to prefer Seemslikesalvation.com but he jumped the shark it seems.
The site I mentioned http://www.nineinchnails.net/news and seemslikesalvation were the same. However, it hasn't been updated since 2002.
Old 02-26-04, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Mr. Self Destruct
The site I mentioned http://www.nineinchnails.net/news and seemslikesalvation were the same. However, it hasn't been updated since 2002.
Ya I thought that's what you meant. Nineinchnails.net was it's own presence at one point too, but far before 2002. It's form as a fan site basically ceased to excist other than a dump for A/V material and a place for the FAQ to reside and the like. I always thought of NIN.net as the cornerstone of other NIN sites because it often times helped host others and the like. But yes, I do miss that site. I wonder what ever happen to that fellow hehe.
Old 02-27-04, 09:31 AM

yeah I always go to http://www.theninhotline.net
Old 02-28-04, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This new NIN album sounds like it might be BROKEN 2
Old 02-29-04, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought Trent was working with DJ Shadow and Zach de la Rocha on some stuff. What ever happened to that?

I always enjoyed NIN's 'experimental' albums and the instrumentals. But I love Broken too. Rubin's ivolvement worries me a bit, but I have faith that the new album won't end up sounding like SOAD and Slipknot.
Old 02-29-04, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

He was producing like 7 tracks or something with for Zach, I don't know if he was working with DJ shadow on that though. DJ Shadow has been doing other tracks with Zach though. They were just tracks for Zachs solo record though, so no long term type involvement from Trent.
Old 02-29-04, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

When is that Zach album coming out anyway? or is it forever waiting in the wings like the next Guns-n-Roses album?
Old 02-29-04, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

can't wait!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-04, 11:45 AM
Retired

Sound awesome. I wasn't crazy about The Fragile as there was too much "filler" IMO. Glad to see he's keeping it cut down to 12 or so songs this time with no instrumentals etc.
Old 03-03-04, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm going to miss instrumentals though. I really enjoy all aspects of his career, but especially the TDS/the Fragile type continuity. I would much prefer something along the lines of TDS with a couple more mellow, possibly instrumental pieces than 12 full on songs without much continuity. Hopefully he sticks by his guns and the album does turn out semi conceptual.
Old 03-03-04, 11:07 AM
Retired

Well, hopefully he'll do a remix album with some instrumental stuff for those into that as he did with past albums before The Fragile.
Old 03-06-04, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not that this has anything to do with NIN, but someone above wondered what happened to the Zach De La Rocha record. Here's something I found at DJ Shadows site:

Whatever happened to the Zack De La Rocha stuff?
I'd give anything to have good news for you on this front, but I don't. In fact, it's the opposite of good. But I feel I owe you all an update. Here's what I know. After our session, the results of which I was extremely happy with, Zack was supposed to finish the rest of the album with another producer. He apparently never showed up to those sessions, and to my knowledge, never attempted to reschedule. Why? No one seems to know. Suffice to say those three songs I did may never see the light of day. I attempted to contact Zack a few times to voice my concern and seek an explanation, but was unsuccessful.

I would love these songs to be heard; they're kinetic, futuristic, and gritty. Unfortunately the music was done for hire and they are out of my hands now.