Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New Nick Cave DVD on the horizon

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-04, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From Mute Records website (I believe this is the UK release date, the US date is still TBA)

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
The Videos - DVD Release
29th March 2004
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds release a DVD on 29th March 2004. The Videos is a collection of twenty promotional films, including classics such as The Mercy Seat, The Ship Song and Where The Wild Roses Grow (featuring Kylie Minogue). The DVD includes two videos directed by Bad Seed Mick Harvey (Deanna and Wanted Man) as well as Anton Corbijn's video for Straight To You and many directed by long time collaborator John Hillcoat. The Videos is a vivid portrait of one of the most critically acclaimed songwriters of recent times.

Featuring introductory links by the band themselves, it provides an informative, provoking, illuminating and passionately intimate journey through some of the very best of Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds videos.

Tracklisting

Stagger Lee
Where The Wild Roses Grow (with Kylie Minogue)
Into My Arms
Are You The One That I've Been Waiting For?
Henry Lee (with PJ Harvey)
Red Right Hand
Loverman
Do You Love Me?
Deanna
The Ship Song
Tupelo
In The Ghetto
Jack The Ripper
What A Wonderful World (with Shane MacGowan)
Straight To You
The Mercy Seat
The Weeping Song
The Singer
I Had A Dream Joe
Wanted Man

Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds are currently compiling an album of B Sides and rarities due for release in May 2004.
Old 02-03-04, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Ooh, I hope this comes out in the US around the same time. I've been waiting for this for a while. I've downloaded most of these videos already, but I'll definitely be snapping this up as soon as I can get it. I almost caved in a few weeks ago when I saw the VHS release in the store, but I figured I'd hold out. I'm glad I did.

I really liked the God is in the House DVD, as well. The live show was great, as you would expect, plus it had a few of their newer videos on it, and a short documentary.
Old 02-03-04, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This sounds great. I wasn't totally pleased with the live DVD (I preferred the studio versions), but I'll still buy this one.
Old 02-03-04, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 03-15-04, 07:55 PM

I'm bumping this to mention that the list price is only 14.95. DDD has it for $10, a bit better than Amazon's ~$11. Also, DDD has the date for March 30th, and the features list includes 5.1.
Old 03-16-04, 01:26 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Oh man, this is the best news I've heard all day! I'm all over this.
Old 04-01-04, 08:57 AM

According the Deep Discount DVD, this release has been delayed until May. Does anyone know what's going on?
Old 04-01-04, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's confirmed. Sounds like there were some production problems or delays. Mute's website now lists an early May 2004 release date. Not sure if the Region 1 version will be pushed back another couple of weeks (ie. late May).
Old 04-01-04, 01:34 PM

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I couldn't find a definitive date anywhere on the internet, and now I know why.
Old 04-04-04, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i had this on preorder at DDD for 10 bucks. oh well, i wish i had it now but it should be worth waiting for.

now if only he would make some good music again.
Old 04-04-04, 01:02 PM

If you're referring to Nocturama, I agree it wasn't his best. I'm sure Blixa's departure has shaken things up a bit, and I don't know if the next album will be better or worse because of it.