Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Does Anyone Like Bone thugs-n-harmony

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Does Anyone Like Bone thugs-n-harmony

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-04, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to love Crossroads. I memorized all the lyrics to it when I was 9 and I was the coolest kid in the class Actually, I havent heard that song in a long time...

I also like First of the Month...

I thought the song they did with phil collins in the video was kind of awkward.
Old 02-26-04, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally posted by saoirse
Always loved Easy-E, but never too into Bone. Kinda sounded like they were humming with a mouth full of nuts.

Question though, who is still in prison, cause last I heard (which was quite a while ago) 2 of em were doing some hard time. Anyone know?
Flesn Bone is the one in prison... and will be for a long, long time.
Old 02-28-04, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bone Thugs have been in discussions with Dre and Aftermath for awhile now about a 1 album deal, but they haven't been able to agree on a price (sounds like the Aftermath discussions with Cube).
Old 02-28-04, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone know why Flesh is in jail? I remember back in the day I had his solo cd and he was in prison at that time as well hah.
Old 02-28-04, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally posted by Ergyu
Anyone know why Flesh is in jail? I remember back in the day I had his solo cd and he was in prison at that time as well hah.
Gun charges, I think.

I always thought Bone would've been a much tighter group if they had Flesh instead of Wish.
Old 02-28-04, 11:09 PM

lmao poor wish. I dont really like bizzy that much.
Old 02-29-04, 09:10 AM
Banned

if anyone cares

Bizzys New cd comes out around June either on bungalo or universal.
Bizzy says he will be releasing tons of unreleased material on bizzybone.com sometime this year. I think its bullshit but thats what he said.
Bizzy and Layzie group cd comes out around august
Krayzie Bones new cd comes out around June on Ball'r records
New dvd comes out I think March 26th

Bone thugs are just as good as they ever were. Bizzy being my favorite. And I wouldnt expect them to sign with any sort of big name label. There all pretty broke and it would be smarter for them to open their own company and release material.
Old 03-01-04, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally posted by Zachary Cohen
DVDEmpire has a listing for a new Bone Thugs-n-Harmony DVD. It's about friggin' time.
Bone Thugs N Harmony: Live & Uncut [3/23/04]

Once again, Bone Thugs N Harmony representsito theifullest with its latest DVD offering Bone Thugs N Harmony: Live & Uncut!.

The project highlights never seen before bootleg footage theirap group has received over theiyears from many of their avid fans. The DVD containsia dozen of Bone's best performances from touring, promotional dates, television andiaward shows.

Featured Performances:
Foe Tha Love Of Money (Featuring Easy-E)-Hollywood Palace In Los Angeles
No Surrender-Denver, CO
Thuggish Ruggish Bone-The Source Awards (NYC)
1st Of Tha Month-Portland, OR
Tha Crossroads-Atlanta, GA
Dayz Of Our Livez-Atlanta, GA
The Crossroads-1996 MTV Music Awards (NYC)
Body Rott-Auckland, New Zealand
Ecstasy-Sydney, Australia
Bone Thugs-2002 PowerHouse-Anaheim, CA
Cleveland Is The City-2002 NBA All Star Week-Phila., PA
Old 03-01-04, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was at their show a few years ago at Music Midtown in Atlanta, and I must say, after being to Bonnerroo and concerts like Ben Harper, The Dead, etc, Bone Thugs produced a bigger cloud of smoke over the crowd. The amount of herbal relaxation going on at the show was absolutely unreal, never seen anythign like it, heh.
Old 03-01-04, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

didn't they have a song where the only word in it was "Bone"?
Old 03-01-04, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Budsmokers only, budsmokers only, oonnnllllyyyyyyyy!!!
Old 03-01-04, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

E.1999 is one of the best rap albums ever imo,not a bad song on there and it had like 18 tracks on it.
Old 03-02-04, 01:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by demonio
didn't they have a song where the only word in it was "Bone"?
I think it was more of an interlude/introduction for another song on E.1999. I'm not sure though

Edit...nevermind, it aint on that album, but I remember the song.
Old 03-02-04, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts
Who?
Old 03-16-04, 10:43 PM
Banned

If you like bone check out this site. Its small now but its going to be big and they are going to keep releasing unreleased bone music. Join the forum.

http://www.thugheavenz.com/index2.htm
Old 03-18-04, 12:49 AM
Cool New Member

you guys clearly never heard the Faces of Death album. It was released in 93, the earliest bone thugs release. I believe it's under the moniker Bone Enterpri$es, but the songs are all over the internet as bone thugs so you can easily download them if you don't want to hunt down a hard copy or even bootleg. This is without a doubt my favorite of all their albums, and is the album Easy noticed leading to his signing the group. This is before the "singy" shit that turned off a lot of ppl who were fans.
Def Dick, which builds on the structure of the song "Pass the Dutchie" by one hit wonders Musical Youth (btw they were the first black artists on MTV before even Michael Jackson), is the best song on the album. Even if you're not a bone fan, you'll love this song. Layzie's verse is classic. There's something about it, you gotta give it a listen. Then "Bless Tha 40oz", and then "Flow Motion". They're all worth listening, but these 3 are the best ones on there.

they're pretty young here

Krayzie Bone's first solo album is a guilty pleasure of mine.
Old 03-18-04, 12:50 AM
Cool New Member

there's definitely mp3's with good quality and bad quality versions of the songs, so if it sounds ****ed up download another copy until you get one with the cleaner sound.
Old 03-18-04, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's the cd I kept forgetting the name of. I bought that back in 97 or so when I was really into Bone, I remember finding it in warehouse music and thinking I hit the jackpot or something as a lil kid.

Most people don't even know about this record, I don't know how I figured out about it in the first place, but I suppose they were more popular then and there were more fan sites dedicated to them.
Old 03-18-04, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh yes, and Sons of assassins and Hell Sent were my fav tracks on this record. A couple of their best imo. I just noticed this cd goes for 60 bucks on ebay, and I bought it for 10, and gave it away to charity for free. damn...
Old 03-18-04, 09:28 PM

Originally posted by Another40oz
you guys clearly never heard the Faces of Death album. It was released in 93, the earliest bone thugs release. I believe it's under the moniker Bone Enterpri$es, but the songs are all over the internet as bone thugs so you can easily download them if you don't want to hunt down a hard copy or even bootleg. This is without a doubt my favorite of all their albums, and is the album Easy noticed leading to his signing the group. This is before the "singy" shit that turned off a lot of ppl who were fans.
Def Dick, which builds on the structure of the song "Pass the Dutchie" by one hit wonders Musical Youth (btw they were the first black artists on MTV before even Michael Jackson), is the best song on the album. Even if you're not a bone fan, you'll love this song. Layzie's verse is classic. There's something about it, you gotta give it a listen. Then "Bless Tha 40oz", and then "Flow Motion". They're all worth listening, but these 3 are the best ones on there.

they're pretty young here

Krayzie Bone's first solo album is a guilty pleasure of mine.

i got that. Is anyone here a member of the btnh source forum?
Old 03-19-04, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
^I got that too, but with a more generic-looking cover. In fact, that album itself was quite generic since they didn't have their trademark sound yet...But at least they were admitted budsmokers before the "weed popularity" grew!

They re-released that sometime during '96, I believe.
Old 03-31-04, 01:56 AM
Cool New Member

that is the cover i believe to the album when it was rereleased digitally remastered
Old 03-31-04, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have that too (the other cover though) and while I like like E.1999 and Creepin' better era Bone much better, that album is good to have to chart musical growth. For the most part, I like it better than their last couple albums.