Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Rush 30th Anniversary tour

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Rush 30th Anniversary tour

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-04, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to billboard.com the tour will now kick off May 26th in Nashville.
Old 02-18-04, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan here I come.

Looks like I am taking my vacation the first week of August.
Old 02-18-04, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

August 6th Hartford, I'm there.
Old 02-18-04, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 244 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally posted by cdollaz
Hopefully these tickets will not cost a shitload like last tour.
I thought the last tour was fairly reasonable. I paid $49.50 for a seat under the roof in the upper (back) section. A lot cheaper than what you'll pay to see KISS play the same 15 songs again.
Old 02-18-04, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Jason
I thought the last tour was fairly reasonable. I paid $49.50 for a seat under the roof in the upper (back) section. A lot cheaper than what you'll pay to see KISS play the same 15 songs again.
Same here. I got absolutely pulverized when I got my ticket to see U2 in 2001. 100 bucks (face value!) for a crappy upper section seat. Rush tickets at ~50 for decent seats is a bargain (especially given that they're probably won't be an opening act to waste valuable concert time).
Old 02-18-04, 07:51 PM

I'll be at the May 29th Va. Beach show!! I can't wait!! Rush is one of my favorite bands of all time.

(small rant)
I would like to say, it is sad when when we all feel that paying $50 for a "decent" seat is a bargon(I do see Cardiff Giant's point though). I'll be paying that, and possibly more, but I damn sure won't think it's a bargon(yep, I'm a sucker). The price of going to a show these days is getting out of hand, and the sad thing is, the bands we love aren't the ones getting all this cash. It really piss's me off, and these shity amphitheaters that Rush are choosing(or may being forced by management etc..) to play in, are nothing more than a tool to ream us all in the ass.
(small rant over)

That being said, i'm still going to enjoy the hell out of the show. Despite my lgiht wallet after buying my ticket, $8 beers, and $30 tour shirts. I'm going to suck it up, no matter the cost, and have a blast!!
Old 02-18-04, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The most expensive Rush seats are going to be like $65.00 or so, not bad at all I don't think for seeing a major rock band. Paul Mcartney was charging $175.00 and so were bands like the Who and U2. Rush is a bargin compared to other bands.
Old 02-18-04, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yup, can't wait to see them this summer, and don't feel ripped off at all for the price that I'm paying for the show. Between the music and the actual show that they put on, it's no more expensive than a night at the "theater" and I enjoy it a hell of a lot more. Now my wife on the other hand... (Actual quote from her during the last tour "They're playing Tom Sawyer first? What the hell am I going to do for the next 3 hours?)
Old 02-18-04, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
They're at the MGM Las Vegas on my B-day (07/17). How do I find out what day they will be going on sale so I can jump on it?
Old 02-19-04, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Jack Straw
They're at the MGM Las Vegas on my B-day (07/17). How do I find out what day they will be going on sale so I can jump on it?
Well you just gotta pay attention to the website (www.rush.com) and wait and see when they go on sale. The concerts that I'm going to are towards the end of the tour and probably won't go on sale till May at the earliest.
Old 02-19-04, 06:21 AM

Originally posted by Lateralus
The most expensive Rush seats are going to be like $65.00 or so, not bad at all I don't think for seeing a major rock band. Paul Mcartney was charging $175.00 and so were bands like the Who and U2. Rush is a bargin compared to other bands.
Holy @#$%#!!! $175!!!!!

Who would pay these prices? I guess when you look at it like that, $50 is a bargon. Still makes me sad to say it though. I was going to go to the Eagles show in Richmond Va. a while back, but the only seats I could remotely even try and con myself into buying were the nose bleeds at the top of the coliseum. They were going for $75 + all the other silly charges(needless to say, I didn't go). The floor was like $150 or somthing in that range. I can't beleave there are people dumb enough to pay that kind of $$ for a show. For that price you should get an over the top stage show filled lazors and flash pots, shake hands with the band, get autographed merchandise, a tour shirt, free CD's, and a free party before and after the show. $150- $175 is a lot of cash, and to charge that much is nothing short of robbery. I guess as long as there are suckers out there, concert promoters will continue to ream us. Oh well, it's the American way, what more could we expect.

Now back on topic...

Do any of you think Rush will dig up some classic treats for us that havn't been played in a long time, or do you think we'll get a set similar to the Vapor Trails Tour?
Old 02-19-04, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I hope to get to see them in Dallas, even though I hate Smirnoff.
Old 02-19-04, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 76 Likes on 49 Posts
The last tour, I paid $80 for decent seats, and that was over $90 after Ticketbastard sodomized me for their cut. That's a little high, in my opinion. I get pretty frustrated if I have to pay more that $60 for a show.
Old 02-19-04, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I paid $70 through TM for 8th row seats on the last tour. I am not the biggest Rush fan but I wanted to at least see them once.
Old 02-19-04, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm going to be in Vegas on the 17th of July anyway, and it turns out a couple of my friends are planning to fly out there to see the show. So I guess I gotta go, though I'm sure prices at the MGM are going to be too high to call it a bargon.
Old 02-20-04, 09:44 AM

As of right now Nashville is opening night, and my apartment is less than 5 miles away! This will be my 3rd Rush show, and I can't wait! Anyone else planning on going to this show?
Old 02-29-04, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The direct link to purchase tickets online is:
www.rush.musictoday.com. The password that you'll need to access your tickets is "kimono".

Pre-sale tickets will start on Tuesday, March 2 for the following venues:

Detroit, DTE Energy Music center

St. Louis, UMB Bank Pavilion

Denver, Red Rocks

Wantagh, Jones Beach

Holmdel, PNC Bank Arts

Cleveland, Blossom Amp

L.A., Hollywood Bowl

Irvine, Verizon Wireless

All pre-sales will begin on Tuesday, March 2nd at 10 AM and end on Thursday, March 4th at 5 PM (Eastern).

Sale dates for other venues will be added as they become available. All public on sales will be listed on Rush.com. Remember Toronto fans, your pre-sale starts on Monday at 3 PM!
Old 03-03-04, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well this better be a heck of a show the tickets are $80.00 each!
Old 03-03-04, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Lateralus
Well this better be a heck of a show the tickets are $80.00 each!
Sweet Jesus...

Neil needs to tone down that lifestyle a bit so we can afford tickets.
Old 03-03-04, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by raiders757

Do any of you think Rush will dig up some classic treats for us that havn't been played in a long time, or do you think we'll get a set similar to the Vapor Trails Tour?
From what I've read, this tour, since it's celebrating 30 years of Rush, will be a complete retrospective! Hopefully tunes from all albums. Since they are not officially supporting any album, I'd be surprised if this was anything more than a huge greatest hits show!

I just hope Alex doesn't go to jail before the Buffalo show in August!
Old 03-11-04, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 244 Likes on 155 Posts
Got my tickets for Pittsburgh Post Gazette Pavillion tonight.

Tenth freakin' row, baby!

Technically, they're not on sale yet, but they're offering a 4 pack of tickets here for Rush, Lynrd Skynrd, Styx, and Allman Brothers. Was surprised as hell to see really great seats for 4 shows for $150! Even with tickermasher's fees, this is less than $50 a show. I expected to pay a broker/scalper at least $150 for good tickets. And I can use the Skynrd tickets as a wedding present for my buddy.
Old 03-23-04, 08:55 PM
Banned

Missed the sale date so had to pony up $130 for 11th row side.

I really really really hope they throw back Mystic Rythems and Animate back in to the set. Also hope to see lots of Vapor Trails songs. I love that cd.

Didnt' they say Subdivisions was officaly retired?
Old 03-24-04, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

ARgh, they were going to sell presale for Scranton yesterday but it got pushed back to today. I had to laugh because a lot of people took off of work yesterday so they could get tickets.

No Subdivisions is not offically retired, they played New World Man last tour.
Old 03-24-04, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The sale date for Nissan is still not listed...damnit!!!
Old 03-24-04, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 76 Likes on 49 Posts
These pre-sales are a joke. Dammit, why is Ticketmaster the only company able to run a decent pre-sale. I got in as soon as the site was up, but wasn't able to pull even a single. Either they have very few tix available for the presales, or the site is screwed up.

BTW, so much for cheap tickets. After cost, fees, and the 2nd Air shipping that you are forced to take (no other option), each ticket would have been an even $100.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.