Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Ozzy Injured in Crash

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Ozzy Injured in Crash

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-03, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
Ozzy Injured in Crash

From imdb.com

Osbourne Seriously Hurt in Quad Bike Smash

Rock wildman Ozzy Osbourne has been rushed to hospital after crashing his quad bike. The former Black Sabbath frontman broke his collarbone, six ribs and a vertebra in his neck in the accident, and has already undergone emergency surgery to fix his injuries - which his publicists say are not life-threatening. Paramedics were called to his English estate in Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire at 2:40pm Gmt yesterday. He was treated at the scene before being whisked off to a nearby hospital in Slough. A spokesman for the reality TV star says, "Ozzy is currently undergoing emergency surgery to lift the collarbone which is believed to be resting on a major artery interrupting blood flow to his arm. Surgeons are also working to alleviate some bleeding into his lungs. These injuries are not considered to be life-threatening."
Old 12-09-03, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,811 Likes on 1,130 Posts
I hope he gets better soon. The accident sounds really bad.
Old 12-09-03, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts
I hope it doesn't affect his speech at all.
Old 12-09-03, 06:24 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BBC story

The star is unable to speak because he has a tube down his throat [....] News of Osbourne's accident reached the House of Commons, where the government sent a goodwill message: Health Secretary John Reid told MPs that everyone "wished him a speedy recovery" [....] Tour manager Mr Greer said Osbourne would not now complete a UK promotional tour for his Christmas single, Changes, a duet with daughter Kelly.

Ladbrokes said it had seen "a number of bets this afternoon" on Changes becoming Christmas Number One. "The single was quoted at 66/1 and not even on the main betting list this morning but after laying a number of significant wagers the odds have been slashed to 20/1 joint third favourite," a Ladbrokes spokesman said.
My concern when hearing of the injuries was that someone not in the best physical state might later succumb to secondary infection, pneumonia etc.

I hope that he pulls through and enjoys his remaining allotted time.
Old 12-09-03, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I don't wish any ill will on Oz, i'd probably be more sympathetic if I didn't feel he and his brood were trying to squeeze every. single. drop. outta THEIR 15 minutes - and I say THEIR cuz Ozzy was always in the public eye. I mean, last week what was it? Ozzy was being overmedicated, Sharon cheated on him with Randy and there was one more thing but I can't think of it at the moment.

Sad, really.

And people slam Bennifer for overexposure..
Old 12-10-03, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Rogue588
While I don't wish any ill will on Oz, i'd probably be more sympathetic if I didn't feel he and his brood were trying to squeeze every. single. drop. outta THEIR 15 minutes - and I say THEIR cuz Ozzy was always in the public eye. I mean, last week what was it? Ozzy was being overmedicated, Sharon cheated on him with Randy and there was one more thing but I can't think of it at the moment.

Sad, really.

And people slam Bennifer for overexposure..
It has gotten to the point where there might as well be a little section reserved in the daily newspaper for the "Osbournes update." The PR machine (aka Sharon) was probably more concerned with the wording of the press release than Ozzy's condition. I really don't put anything past her and I still believe her "cancer scare" was a hoax.
Old 12-10-03, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by Rogue588
Probably something having to do with Jack's addiction or Kelly being dropped from her label or her feud with Christina or her weight problem or.. or..
Old 12-10-03, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I still hope that OZZY fully recovers from this accident.