DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   So why exactly are 50 Cent and Ja Rule feuding? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/330823-so-why-exactly-50-cent-ja-rule-feuding.html)

NitroJMS 11-19-03 01:06 AM

So why exactly are 50 Cent and Ja Rule feuding?

For the past few months, I've heard alot about this "feud" between 50 Cent and Ja Rule that is allegedly going on. The only thing is, I never see exactly why this feud started. It seems like a stunt to try to give two pop stars more credibility.

Anyone care to chime in if they know the history or what's really behind it?

Big Quasimodo 11-19-03 01:14 AM

Something about 50c feeling Ja Rule is a poser.

Which he is...his new "beefed up, gansta scowl" video is laughable...

Adam Tyner 11-19-03 06:45 AM

"I'll tell you personally that Murder Inc. -- the people that you see like Irv [Gotti], Ja [Rule], the people that are involved in the business aspect -- are bitches. Like, these niggas don't got no hood in them... Come on, give me a kiss, you little faggot. That *****'s a sweetheart, for real. He's a fruit pot, for real. I can't even see how a kid could look at Ja Rule and want to be like Ja Rule. This ***** wants to be Tupac Shakur. This *****'s doin' duets, but you call yourself a "murderer" the whole time. C'mon, he's a pop artist. Grease video. Like, you might as well just go over there and hang out with Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears and them, if they'll accept you. That shit is crazy. I really don't like that guy. I really don't like Ja Rule."
-- 50 Cent

Brain Stew 11-19-03 10:53 AM

http://www.family.org/spfmag/images/5spf.money.jpg

http://www.artware.demon.co.uk/money.gif

http://home.mindspring.com/~kofcvaga/money.jpg

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...s/zBe45Mon.jpg

Rogue588 11-19-03 11:04 AM

"I can't even see how a kid could look at Ja Rule and want to be like Ja Rule. This ***** wants to be Tupac Shakur. This *****'s doin' duets, but you call yourself a "murderer" the whole time. C'mon, he's a pop artist. Grease video. Like, you might as well just go over there and hang out with Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears and them, if they'll accept you. That shit is crazy. I really don't like that guy. I really don't like Ja Rule."
-- 50 Cent
Ah. Got it. So...it's okay to do duets as long as you don't call yourself a "murderer"...? Or is it just okay to do duets as long as you start a "beef" with that person? Whatever. They both stink. You should read the exposé they did a couple months back in the Source about him..

Rogue588 11-19-03 11:13 AM

Here's some:

On the surface it may appear that Benzino and Eminem have squashed their beef. But 50 Cent making the cover of the Source Magazine this month is no favor to Shady/Aftermath. It seems that the beef that Benzino and the Source has with Eminem is reaching new heights. The entire article written about 50 appears to be blasting the artist and the label that he is signed too. The magazine starts the article by trying to explain how 50 stole his "name" from a Brooklyn gangster that was on the cover of the Eric B & Rakim "Paid in Full" album cover. The Source also accuses 50 of lying about the jail time that he said he did; adding that: "Boo-Boo (as 50 was nicknamed back then) actually only spent 7 months in a "shock incarceration" boot camp."

The Source also attacks 50's credibility stating that 50 has turned his back on most of his friends back home. By interviewing a childhood friend by the name of "Smurf", the Source tries to build a case that 50 is deceiving his fans concerning his "realness". The Source concludes the article by questioning the deal that he signed with Eminem adding:

"According to manager Chris Lighty, 50 Cent and Viloator have been increasingly trying to distance themselves from Eminem."
The FULL article HERE..[LONG]

saoirse 11-19-03 11:18 AM

Cause Ja is a little bitch with no talent. He fell off after his first album. Now he's trying to sing with females with no talent. Whenever I hear any Ja song I flip the channel, but then again I barely listen to the radio.

This in my opinion has been the worst year for Hip Hop music in more than a decade. (though there is always some gems hidden in the underground)

Thunderball 11-19-03 11:51 AM

I love this feud. Only because of the comedy value

the aftermath 11-19-03 12:10 PM

This feud has been going on for a long time, it's only been brought into the spotlight because of 50's success.

It's really stupid though considering they're both talentless "thugs".

fumanstan 11-19-03 12:15 PM

I actually do find it kind of funny that some rappers try and act like a thug and a gangster only to go out and sing with J.Lo :)

Oh well, i like 50 :)

majorjoe23 11-19-03 12:32 PM

They're both just compensating for small penises.

Alternate smartass comment:

They should just sleep with each other and get it over wtih.

Tarantino 11-19-03 07:19 PM

The better question is, why the hell do people still read 'The Source'?

Rogue588 11-19-03 11:12 PM

here's one answer.. ;)

dek 11-19-03 11:47 PM

Originally posted by Tarantino
The better question is, why the hell do people still read 'The Source'?
Word. I got that free subscription too, and I promptly axed that shiet. Nothing like having a beef with someone, then using your crap magazine to twist everything in your favor. Benzino licks balls, always has. The Almighty RSO and that other group he was in were pure shit. Pure doo doo. Albums went solid turd. Yet to hear this dick talk about them he acts as if he's a pioneer like most of the old school acts, bastard even had the nerve to put himself in the top 100 mcs of all time list.

I could give a shit about 50, Ja, Em, or Ballzino. Straight turds.

Tarantino 11-19-03 11:51 PM

Woah.

vdadlani219 11-20-03 12:56 AM

This month's Blender put 50 Cent the best:

"media-savvy, gangsta wannabe"

How many gangsters date actresses and go to awards shows and be on TRL?

Sorry 50, you lost your "gangster" appeal the moment you had a video on MTV or BET.

Nothing but a pop star churning out singles and doing whatever it takes to sell records (forget about your past, turn your back on your friends, start feuds where there isn't one...)

Rapping about guns and murder was cool...the time the other 5,000,000 people rapped about it.

Rapping about "beefs" with other people was cool...when it was Eminem.

Tupac, Notorious BIG already brought rap to the mainstream, and well, they are still around because no one else can take the title away from them.

The so-called rap/hip-hop artists have all turned media-hungry, crossing over to movies and TV. If that's the case, I don't see how you can rap about killing one second, and talk to Carson the other.

Face it, there are a lot more pop stars out there than we realize. Hell, I'm a rock fan (hard, alternative, no punk, some metal) and I'll admit there is some "rock" groups that I'll throw into the pop category.

There's nothing wrong with being a pop artist, I think that music is a wonderful way to communiate your feelings or to just let go, but too many artists are trying to put themselves into the wrong category.

the aftermath 11-20-03 12:05 PM

Originally posted by vdadlani219
Rapping about "beefs" with other people was cool...when it was Eminem.
Yes, because beef in rap started with Eminem. :rolleyes:

PJsig08 11-20-03 01:21 PM

Anyone see Ja Rule's sales numbers? For the first week it was like 150,000 and the second week (last week) it was like 40,000. I think its safe to say he's done for in the music industry.

vdadlani219 11-20-03 01:43 PM

Originally posted by the aftermath
Yes, because beef in rap started with Eminem. :rolleyes:
And who said that it started with Eminemn? I merely pointed out that it was recently beaten into the ground with Eminem (how many times can you rap about your mom and gf/wife over and over).

Nice try though...I applaud your lousy effort.

Rogue588 11-20-03 02:20 PM

...(how many times can you rap about your mom and gf/wife over and over)...
A Men! Oh, and you forgot to mention his "pop stars of the moment" raps too..

the aftermath 11-20-03 03:23 PM

And who said that it started with Eminemn? I merely pointed out that it was recently beaten into the ground with Eminem (how many times can you rap about your mom and gf/wife over and over).
You make it seem as if Em's the only guy who's been doing it (or doing it recently)

Rap battles are a big part of hiphop, if you didn't realize that maybe you should listen to something prior to '99.

Also, Eminem's never gone after any serious targets who've had the capability to rip him apart.

Nice try though...I applaud your lousy effort.
Don't even get me started on your first post. Notorious BIG and 2pac brought rap to the mainstream? Riiiiight.

vdadlani219 11-20-03 03:41 PM

Originally posted by the aftermath
You make it seem as if Em's the only guy who's been doing it (or doing it recently)

Rap battles are a big part of hiphop, if you didn't realize that maybe you should listen to something prior to '99.

Also, Eminem's never gone after any serious targets who've had the capability to rip him apart.

Don't even get me started on your first post. Notorious BIG and 2pac brought rap to the mainstream? Riiiiight.

Eminem has been getting the most publicity for it because of his popularity, but I know it has been going on for years and years.

I know that rap battles are part of hip-hop history .

Tupac and Notorious BIG were the ones to cross over so to speak, along with LL Cool J and Run DMC earlier, but yes Tupac shed light on hip-hop and rap in the 90's and he did successfully bring rap into the mainstream by movies and being the MTV icon for rap, just as Nirvana was for rock at the time.

SlangNRocks 11-21-03 02:48 PM

I can't believe that this feud has carried over onto their regular studio recordings. The new Obie Trice, Ja, and G Unit albums all have songs about their feud.

The only thing that I find interesting about this feud is the amount of mixtape material there is where the 2 groups attack each other with. There is literally hours worth of songs of them attacking each other. I don't remember this happening in any other recent feud. Nas/Jay-z, Cannibus/LL Cool J/Wyclef, Eminem/ICP. And you can't deny the talent on at least one side of the feud with 50 cent, Eminem, Dr. Dre, D-12, busta/flipmode squad and G-Unit all having words to say about Murder Inc. I also couldn't believe when I heard that eminem/50/busta song with the 2pac hail mary music in the background on the radio. It went from being on mixtapes to being on the radio. Playing this kind of stuff on the radio where I live never happens.

DodgingCars 11-21-03 03:05 PM

50 Cent isn't really an ex-con gangster? Damn, I'll have to look for another idol to worship. :(

Lateralus42 11-21-03 05:54 PM

50 cent killed Ja's career, so it seemed like it had to do more than just money. So many of the rappers are posers, but the fans eat it up. I will never understand the fascination with thugs ,criminals, drugs, killing, and bling bling.