DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   So why exactly are 50 Cent and Ja Rule feuding? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/330823-so-why-exactly-50-cent-ja-rule-feuding.html)

Josh-da-man 11-21-03 08:32 PM

So are these two dickheads going to kill each other like Tupac and Biggie?

Thrush 11-22-03 01:58 AM

50 says it all started because Ja Rule got robbed by one of 50's close friends. Ja saw 50 talking to the guy that robbed him in a club and assumed 50 had something to do with him getting robbed.

This in my opinion has been the worst year for Hip Hop music in more than a decade. (though there is always some gems hidden in the underground)
Some gems off the top of my head

Viktor Vaughn: Vaudeville Villain
Non-Prophets: Hope
Soul Position: 8,000,000 Stories
Outkast: Spearkerboxxx/the love below
Dizzee Rascal: Boy in Da Corner

Just ignore the drivel played on the radio and MTV and youll be fine.

It's really stupid though considering they're both talentless "thugs".
Talentless yes, but thugs, hardly. Ja is about as dangerous as Will Smith. And 50 is just another in a long line of "Studio Gangsters".

POWERBOMB 11-22-03 06:05 PM

All these responses and no one mentions the street kid named "Smurf"? How freakin' hard core are you with a name of Smurf?

the aftermath 11-22-03 07:35 PM

Originally posted by Thrush
Talentless yes, but thugs, hardly. Ja is about as dangerous as Will Smith. And 50 is just another in a long line of "Studio Gangsters".
Notice my quotation marks? That means I don't really think they're thugs in the first place.

kurupt 11-23-03 10:01 AM

One of the funniest things that I've seen in the past year is in the middle of the new Ja Rule video when he jumps at the camera yelling. That whole thing with Farakkan was some good comedy as well. Ja Rule's new album is horrible and the G-Unit album is pretty dissapointing. It seems as though 50's talent is becoming inversely proportional to his popularity. He flowed much differently on his earlier albums (for a good contrast listen to the 2 "bonus" tracks on GRODT compared with the rest of the album). As for underground gems, I suggest Immortal Technique's Revolutionary Vol. 2

spainlinx0 11-23-03 01:47 PM

Originally posted by Lateralus42
50 cent killed Ja's career, so it seemed like it had to do more than just money. So many of the rappers are posers, but the fans eat it up. I will never understand the fascination with thugs ,criminals, drugs, killing, and bling bling.
So you don't watch gangster movies? Godfather, Goodfellas, Scarface, Casion? You don't own or watch any of those? What's your fascination?

DodgingCars 11-23-03 05:22 PM

Originally posted by spainlinx0
So you don't watch gangster movies? Godfather, Goodfellas, Scarface, Casion? You don't own or watch any of those? What's your fascination?
You don't see a difference between being interested in the subject matter and the idol worship that happens with these artists -- people want to be like them.

I'm not a fan of war, but I like war movies.