Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Turbonegro

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-03, 10:02 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Turbonegro

all I got from a recent concert review of this band in NME is that they are from Scandanavian, and that they are about to be on a US tour - but what they do they actually sound like? The music reviewer in typical NME form was extremely vague and non-descript on defining the music style other than that they are loud and aggressive, can anyone detail this band better?
Old 07-25-03, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if they're still on tour-they played Hollywood in early May.
Turbonegro are a very funny band from Norway that flaunt rough trade gay imagery (like the Village People) with kick ass 70's era-rock (Ramones, Alice Cooper, Cheap Trick, Kiss, Dictators, Dead Boys, etc.) influences they wear on their sleeves (fists?) and it's very well done. Even if you missed them on tour, pick up their three classics on Epitaph Records: Ass Cobra, Apocalypse Dudes, & Scandinavian Leather. Their live album cover was designed to look like a Siegfried & Roy poster, so this is a band that definitely doesn't take themselves too seriously (thank God!). Obviously I'm a big fan.