Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New Jodeci album....when?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-03, 07:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been waiting forever to find some news regarding the new Jodeci album, that was supposed to be released in 2001, then 2002, then it was pushed to this year...now I hearing 2004. Please, will someone tell me any news they know of, and when this is being set (or planned) for release?
Old 06-15-03, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Late 2003 is the last I heard.
Old 06-15-03, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I doubt it'll ever come out.
Old 06-16-03, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Around the same time Guns and Roses releases their new cd.
Old 06-16-03, 10:29 AM

Is it Jodeci or KCi and JoJo?
Jodeci was the heat back in the 90s.
Old 10-01-04, 05:57 PM
Banned

Well now that 2004 is basically over, I decided to give this one a bump, in the hopes that someone has heard something. For those in the know, there was a DVD out a few years ago entitle 'Uncovered" that featured all of the classic Joideci videos(as well as the X-rated "How do you want it"). The DVD also featues them in the studio with Jodeci working on new material(Mr. Dalvin and DeVante are both there producing) One of the titles was called "After the Party" and another was called "I Lied". These guys even took out a full page ad in Vibe to promote the new Jodeci album. They even we there all together at the 1st annual BET awards show(where DeVante looked like he was high on something). Have there been any inbterviews with K-Ci or JoJo about what is going on with the Jodeci reunion record? Does anyone have any news?
Old 10-01-04, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by the aftermath
I doubt it'll ever come out.
I stand by this.
Old 10-02-04, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've not heard anything since early last year. Jodeci is my favorite group of the 90's and I was really looking forward to this, but like the aftermath said "I doubt it'll ever come out." If not Jodeci, can we at least get another DeVante produced album...by anyone? I know the guy's weird and all, but he's (we, he was) a studio genius. I heard that he is very bitter with the success of Timbaland, Ginuwine, and the whole "Bassment Crew" and bootlegged a lot of old recordings by them. Unfortunately, I've never been able to find these recordings.
Old 10-03-04, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's a shame Jodeci didn't stick around. Their first two records, "Forever My Lady" & "Diary Of A Mad Band" are still hot to this day. JoJo & K-Ci did alright for awhile, but they got too "gospel" for my tastes. If all 4 get back together and put something out I'm there.
Old 11-17-04, 03:15 PM
Banned

News

Well I found this on MTV. It was talking about the new New Edition record 'One Love" and they mentioned who they might be going on tour with. Hmmm

New Edition have been talking to other icons from the '80s and '90s about hitting the road. They have 20 U.S. tour dates coming up in December, and names that have been floating around to join them include Guy and Jodeci.
Old 11-18-04, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd much rather go see a New Edition/Jodeci/Guy show than a Ashanti/B2K/Lil' Bow Wow show.